PDA

View Full Version : Newbie (boost line location)

Willyt90
27th April 2014, 05:19 PM
Hi their. New member. Been using this page from Google to answer many questions and thought I better join as it's a great page.

Crd 3l and installing the relevant gauges.
What is the best location to install the the boost line? Pre intercooler? Any help would be appreciated.

Avo
27th April 2014, 05:28 PM
welcome mate,yep great place to answer lots of them questions.
have a read through this.i didn't read the whole lot but I'm sure the answer maybe in there for you somewhere. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6275-Installing-Pyro-and-Boost-gauges-in-a-GU

threedogs
27th April 2014, 05:31 PM
Hello mate and welcome to the Forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy

Dhuck
27th April 2014, 06:22 PM
welcome to the forum mate.

the evil twin
27th April 2014, 06:49 PM
Hi their. New member. Been using this page from Google to answer many questions and thought I better join as it's a great page.

Crd 3l and installing the relevant gauges.
What is the best location to install the the boost line? Pre intercooler? Any help would be appreciated.

Post I/C mate... the best place is the Intercooler outlet plenum.

If I was you tho I would buy a Scangauge.
They cost less than $200 and read a whole heap of engine parameters incl Boost, Water Temp, Fuel Flow, Engine Load, RPM, Speed (can be cal'd to tyre size) Volts etc etc and will also read out any ECU fault codes

growler2058
27th April 2014, 07:10 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

2TROLLFAM
27th April 2014, 07:19 PM
Welcome Aboard !!

Willyt90
27th April 2014, 07:20 PM
Post I/C mate... the best place is the Intercooler outlet plenum.

If I was you tho I would buy a Scangauge.
They cost less than $200 and read a whole heap of engine parameters incl Boost, Water Temp, Fuel Flow, Engine Load, RPM, Speed (can be cal'd to tyre size) Volts etc etc and will also read out any ECU fault codes

I agree the scan gauges are great. However I like simple mechanical gauges. ( plus I already got them before learning of the scan gauge.)

my third 256
28th April 2014, 08:41 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Marmel
28th April 2014, 10:03 AM
Definitely post cooler, there can be a difference of several hundred degrees post cooler compared to in the dump pipe which is where I have seen a lot of them installed.

the evil twin
28th April 2014, 10:54 AM
Definitely post cooler, there can be a difference of several hundred degrees post cooler compared to in the dump pipe which is where I have seen a lot of them installed.

Uummmmmmmm, dude... I can't think of anyone who would want to read the boost pressure in the dump pipe

cherry
28th April 2014, 10:06 PM
Hi there Willyt90, there are lots of sections of the forums to find answers so I guess the best way is to keep patrolling the pages and asking questions. Enjoy

MEGOMONSTER
28th April 2014, 11:42 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Nissan_Jarod
1st May 2014, 11:56 PM
Hi ive recently brought a patrol and so keen to get into some forums and read up about stuff. I hope you find what you are looking for and have a good chat with a bunch of good people...

WELCOME

Heinzy
23rd October 2015, 04:04 PM
Hi mate I put mine in the pipe after the ic

Clunk
27th October 2015, 12:09 AM
g'day mate, welcome aboard

4bye4
27th October 2015, 12:56 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Dorizzi88
27th October 2015, 11:00 AM