PDA

View Full Version : mum is having the big op

Stropp
26th April 2014, 01:50 PM
well as you may recall mum had a minor op last year and the dumb doctor nicked her bowel and she was in intesive care for some time, well the time has come for the attempted reversal so i am off to adelaide tonight so i can be there while its happening, there is a chance that they wont be able to do the full reversal but fingers crossed that it goes well, she is 81 and although she is resonably fit she hasnt been the same since the last op, she used to chainsaw trees and drive her tractor and generall, so fingers crossed. do everyhting. since the op she wont go anywhere much or do much so im hoping that they can do a full reversal so she can enjoy her time left with us.

Sir Roofy
26th April 2014, 02:07 PM
hope it goes well for your mum and she can get home again

MEGOMONSTER
26th April 2014, 02:20 PM
My mums a smidge younger and had 3/4 of the bowel removed a few years back and she still struggling to find normality.
I really hope all goes extremely well.
Now my mother refuses to go to the doctors or hospital as they are (her words) "all farken stupid". I can't help it but laugh ( on the inside only ) god forbid I laugh on the outside.

thebrod
26th April 2014, 02:25 PM
Best of luck to you and your Mum. Hope it all goes well mate.

Dhuck
26th April 2014, 02:32 PM
Best of luck to her mate. Hope all goes well.

Stropp
26th April 2014, 03:10 PM
My mums a smidge younger and had 3/4 of the bowel removed a few years back and she still struggling to find normality.
I really hope all goes extremely well.
Now my mother refuses to go to the doctors or hospital as they are (her words) "all farken stupid". I can't help it but laugh ( on the inside only ) god forbid I laugh on the outside.

yes mate my mums the same but says after the last debarcle, it only takes one second for someone to fuc# your life, mum doesnt mince her words lol.

threedogs
26th April 2014, 03:35 PM
Trusting it all goes to plan Mate, I've seen first hand all the stupid things surgeons do.
You'll be right every one only wishing good things your way.

Woof
26th April 2014, 06:18 PM
Hope your Mum comes out of the op better than she goes in mate, speedy recovery as well

AB
26th April 2014, 06:24 PM
Best of luck with the old lady mate!!!!

Mrs Possum
26th April 2014, 06:49 PM
Hope all goes well stropp,and a speedy recovery aswell.from the Williams tribe

Stropp
26th April 2014, 07:08 PM
Thx guys, bloody plane is two hrs late, think as they have phone number they would text and tell you :(

mudnut
26th April 2014, 07:16 PM
Our thoughts are with you and your Mum. We hope the operation goes well,
the mud family.

Stropp
27th April 2014, 01:58 AM
Well finally arrived in Adelaide 2 hrs late, mum came and picked me up, my sister is coming down to Adelaide tomorrow and we will catch up with one of my brothers tomorrow too hopefully.

Sir Roofy
27th April 2014, 09:03 AM
Arnt mums just the best and strong as having an op
and caring for the brood as well

MudRunnerTD
27th April 2014, 09:50 PM
Good luck for your Mum Stropp, hope things go well mate.

DX grunt
28th April 2014, 04:47 AM
All the best to you and your mum and a speedy recovery.

Rossco

krbrooking
28th April 2014, 05:33 AM
All the best for your mum, I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Stropp
28th April 2014, 10:46 PM
Whoo hoo mum had the op took 7 hrs but she has had a full reversal so great news there just need the bowel to start working again and we will be very very happy.

Gary Vansleve
28th April 2014, 11:10 PM
Mum's are pretty tough good on her

TPC
28th April 2014, 11:27 PM
That's great to here, hopefully everything gets back to normal soon.

MEGOMONSTER
28th April 2014, 11:36 PM
Whoo hoo mum had the op took 7 hrs but she has had a full reversal so great news there just need the bowel to start working again and we will be very very happy.

Great news, hope recovery is swift.

Gecko17
29th April 2014, 10:44 AM
Hey Stropp. Just heard about your mum. Great to hear that the op went well. Here's to her making a speedy recovery and reclaiming her old life! Best wishes from the Mac's.

Stropp
29th April 2014, 11:14 PM
Well I'm back in Perth now, mum was sitting up eating when I left so things are looking great. I just hope she gets back to the old wood chopping tractor driving mum I know :)

Clunk
29th April 2014, 11:16 PM
Really good to hear mate

mudnut
29th April 2014, 11:32 PM
That's great news, Stropp.

Bloodyaussie
30th April 2014, 08:09 AM
Great news hoping the healing process is smooth and swift..... onwards and upwards !!!

BigRAWesty
30th April 2014, 08:14 AM
Awesome news mate.
Fingers crossed for a full recover

Sir Roofy
30th April 2014, 10:31 AM
great to hear mate cant keep a good woman down

threedogs
30th April 2014, 10:44 AM
Well I'm back in Perth now, mum was sitting up eating when I left so things are looking great. I just hope she gets back to the old wood chopping tractor driving mum I know :)
That's the kind of news that you want to hear,
give her a big squeeze for me, that's really is good news
made my day,

Stropp
2nd May 2014, 11:02 PM
Well bugger me mum is home already, for an 82 yr old she has made fantastic progress and I'm so happy that she is doing so well!

Clunk
2nd May 2014, 11:04 PM
Mate that's bloody superb news. We shall have to go out for a wheel to celebrate