PDA

View Full Version : flashlube f##k up td42t

Trypt
23rd April 2014, 08:08 PM
Grabbed a bottle of what i thought was flashlube diesel treatment this afternoon.
Dropped 50 ml or so in the tank when i filled up on the way home.
Wasnt until after i got home i had the wrong stuff, petrol injector cleaner!!

Will the petrol injector cleaner do damage to the pump or injectors?
Obviously wont be putting anymore in but should i be worried about destroying anything?

growler2058
23rd April 2014, 08:58 PM
50ml in a full tank I wouldn't think would hurt but im not sure?

happygu
23rd April 2014, 09:06 PM
WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF I PUT THE WRONG ADDITIVE INTO THE WRONG COMPARTMENT OF THE ENGINE?

This may help.....

Wynn’s retail treatments for DIY are developed with the everyday consumer in mind. In general, if one bottle only is added incorrectly e.g. putting a petrol additive into a diesel engine fuel tank, the additive is still soluble in the diesel and should not make the engine inoperative. We do recommend topping up the fuel tank in this instance to dilute the product. On the other hand, if a fuel additive is accidentally added to the engine oil, again no immediate damage would occur. We do recommend changing the oil as early as possible, as the lubrication quality of the engine oil may be affected. The same principle applies in many similar instances. If in doubt please call the Wynn’s Technical Info Line: 1800 177 989.

Rickie3
23rd April 2014, 09:28 PM
50 ml wont hurt it not against a full tank of diesel, any recommended dose on those bottles is to use a full bottle to a full tank, 50 ml is not even a tickle

Trypt
24th April 2014, 07:28 AM
Thanks fellas puts my mind at ease.

Robo
26th April 2014, 06:14 PM
would also think that diesel being the dirtier fuel so to speak compared to petrol would further reduce cleaners optimal strength, (if it ever had any).
far as flash lube is concerned I wouldn't touch the sh#t with a ten foot pole.
tried flashlube upper cyl stuff in nissan pulsar E15 engine and all it did was make engine ping, "giving product a wide birth ever since". m2cw.

CPOCSM
27th April 2014, 06:31 PM
Have a funny feeling the pulsar didn't like it full stop. I have used flash lobe via the meter bottle plumbed into the plenum and have never had an issue on seven vehicles. Mum used that crap that shell tell you to put in your fuel...destroyed the cylinder heads, mostly the exhaust valves. Was a XD fairmont 351 and was pulled down and the engine completely rebuilt. She went to a flashlube meter bottle and has not had an issue.

I did have a n14 TI pulsar with the SR20 and it didn't like flashlube either. Must be a pulsar thing...someone did tell me that alloy heads don't like flashlube but haven't had an issue on other alloy headed cars I have owned...except the bloody pulsar!