PDA

View Full Version : How to unplug “key fix” button?

Wine_maker
21st April 2014, 03:15 PM
Hi all!

Safari, 1994, RD28T, Auto.

Before problems with salon heater radiator's, the button which fix start key in the switch hole was good. I park car, turn the key, press the button and remove it, but turbotimer is continue to works a few minutes. After problems with salon heater radiator’s I unplug dash panel and when fix the radiator I bring panel back.
After this, I can remove key only after engine’s stop. The button is fixed when engine is running on turbotimer.

Which connector I should unplug to unfix the button?

Wine_maker
27th April 2014, 03:02 PM
Nobody know?
Or everybody don't use turbotimer?

jack
27th April 2014, 07:22 PM
Nobody know?
Or everybody don't use turbotimer?
Sorry Alexander, no idea and also no turbo timer.

thebrod
27th April 2014, 08:09 PM
ummmm so your saying that you cant remove the key while the engine is running on the turbo timer?

MudRunnerTD
27th April 2014, 09:36 PM
Hmmmmm??? That is a little strange? Sorry Alexander, so you have had the turbo timer a long time yes? Never had a problem before? Now you have repaired the heater panel now you can't use the button to release the key until the turbo timer times out?

I would be looking at the button mechanism. I run a turbo timer on the GQ and have no problem. I expect it to be a mechanical button rather than electronic so nothing you could do would cause this. This is my Guess only but I'd be surprised.

If you had a late GU with NATS then it would be a different story.

Robo
28th April 2014, 09:35 AM
Would appear a wire has broken it's connection when the dash panel was r&r.

Seems you need to check the turbo timers connections.
timers power in, from battery, " should have,be fused ".
timers out to ignition.
and timers earth.

(that is unless its a upmarket timer, more features and more wires).

Humm.
I just re-read your post, are you saying, the safety button that you need to press inwards to remove the key,
"won't press in and allow you to remove key till after the engine stops".
odd sounding problem.

Wine_maker
28th April 2014, 03:55 PM
ummmm so your saying that you cant remove the key while the engine is running on the turbo timer?

Yes, previously I turn the key, press button and remove it. But engine not shutting off.

Hmmmmm??? That is a little strange? Sorry Alexander, so you have had the turbo timer a long time yes? Never had a problem before? Now you have repaired the heater panel now you can't use the button to release the key until the turbo timer times out?

I would be looking at the button mechanism. I run a turbo timer on the GQ and have no problem. I expect it to be a mechanical button rather than electronic so nothing you could do would cause this. This is my Guess only but I'd be surprised.

If you had a late GU with NATS then it would be a different story.

I install the turbo timer (actually it's car alarm system TOMAHAWK 9010 with turbotimer function) when I bought this car 5 years ago. It works properly till heater's repair. I think, when I mount the dash panel, I plug the button's connector which was unplugged before. But in wire scheme in car manual I can't find which connection I should unplug, cause when I press brake pedal and shutting off the engine I can hear the click which unfix the key. So the key mechanism work's properly, but it tuned for car without turbotimer.

Wine_maker
28th April 2014, 04:10 PM
Would appear a wire has broken it's connection when the dash panel was r&r.

Seems you need to check the turbo timers connections.
timers power in, from battery, " should have,be fused ".
timers out to ignition.
and timers earth.

(that is unless its a upmarket timer, more features and more wires).

Humm.
I just re-read your post, are you saying, the safety button that you need to press inwards to remove the key,
"won't press in and allow you to remove key till after the engine stops".
odd sounding problem.

Sorry for my curved English. The deficit of speaking and writing practice with native english speakers especially in technical english.

Robo
2nd May 2014, 02:45 AM
Sorry for my curved English. The deficit of speaking and writing practice with native english speakers especially in technical english.

No problem, have had the same difficulty with Japanese myself.
yes it puts a curve on the simple things for sure.