PDA

View Full Version : stereo replacement questions

para
19th April 2014, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I have a 2000 st patrol and the stereo has died, I would like to get a new stereo, but I'm a novice at this, I have been looking on websites, and all the stereo dimensions seem to be wider than the standard Nissan stereo.
I have measured the Nissan stereo: w= 118mm and h= 111mm approx. The new stereo's I'm viewing are w=178mm. How do I fix this 60mm gap?
Please help, I was only looking at replacing stereo, the speakers still seem fine.

thanks

Karen

the evil twin
19th April 2014, 03:19 PM
The sizing is an international "Din" standard.

Any genuine size "double din" head unit will usually bolt straight in using the existing Nissan mounts.
Most aftermarket Head Units come with a fascia trim that clips around the Head Unit.
Usually you won't need it
You will need adapter harnesses to connect the Nissan wiring to the Head Unit wiring which is usually "Iso" standard
Some Head Units might not be Iso but there will be harnesses available
These harnesses are available online or from Repco, Alberts, Supercheap etc

A quick search on here will give you heaps of tips and part numbers when fitting Head Units

If it seems too complicated I would recommend a trip to Alberts or similar

kevin07
19th April 2014, 06:41 PM
i fitted a 2012 patrol unit into my 2007 so maybe a wreckers could do as well although i dont know what model you have

Yendor
19th April 2014, 06:52 PM
i fitted a 2012 patrol unit into my 2007 so maybe a wreckers could do as well although i dont know what model you have

Where did you get the connector from? Where you able to purchase an adaptor harness?

The 2012 has one connector and the 2007 has two??