View Full Version : Toowoomba Swap Meet

Finly Owner
7th February 2011, 10:55 PM
Well no photos, some stuff sold, some stuff bought, some money made, some money spent.
Some beer drank, some ice had to be topped up reguarly. Some good sorts walking past, some rude thoughts passed through mind. Some lost sleep never found, some heat was felt, sun burnt patches on back, where sunscreen wasn't applied.

Arrived outside gates in queue approx 1 am Fri morning, talked fro a couple of hours B4 catching 40 winks only to rise at 4:30 am to join organised chaos in through gates to get to site. Unpack and set up.

Have a mans weekend away with pressure pack gas stove, esky and swag, left Finly at home as had work truck. See some friends and talk mens business, see some undesireables you'd rather forget and make very small talk to make them feel unwanted.

Saturday arvo is upon you B4 you know it, and start packing up, storm clouds building, pack faster, put tarp over swag and clothes, and keep loading truck. Half way through, rain starts, keep packing truck then lightning and thunder, do I hide in truck or keep going? It might flood? Bloody to hell with storm, i don't want to be flooded in. Then it stops just as last crate goes on truck. I'm drenched. Tie down load, do last check of site, change into dry stuff and head home.

Check out Patrol on way home, been pranged and flooded. Find owner, not around, find how to get him and follow up L8R.

Get home and unload crates that have water in them, empty out water, empty esky, show other half my bargains I got ony to find one spottie must have bounced out the crate when I hit some major bumps and has been lost.
Bummer out of a pair of 3.5" landing lights I have one left.

Oh well still had good weekend.

And back here to annoy you all.

AB
8th February 2011, 08:08 AM
Welcome back mate, sounds like an experience Timbo!!!

Bob
8th February 2011, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a good weekend. Did you come home with more than you went with and did you buy anything that you have sold in the Past

Finly Owner
8th February 2011, 11:08 PM
Sounds like a good weekend Yep. Did you come home with more than you went with no and did you buy anything that you have sold in the Past no

Finly Owner
8th February 2011, 11:08 PM
Welcome back mate, sounds like an experience Timbo!!!
Thanks AB