PDA

View Full Version : Start button.

rustbucket89
16th April 2014, 06:05 PM
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has installed a momentary switch for a start button and bypassed the ignition barrel? Mines playing up, I've got to hold the barrel in just the right spot to get it to start.

Bloodyaussie
16th April 2014, 06:13 PM
I dont know anyone who has but would not be hard to do at all.....

MudRunnerTD
16th April 2014, 06:23 PM
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has installed a momentary switch for a start button and bypassed the ignition barrel? Mines playing up, I've got to hold the barrel in just the right spot to get it to start.

That has got to be a loose connection?? Surely?? The key make a contact when turned and completes the circuit? Have you had the plug off the back of the ignition? Take the shroud off and its a plug and play, you should be able to give it a jiggle while turning the key and see if its a loose connection.

rustbucket89
16th April 2014, 06:49 PM
That has got to be a loose connection?? Surely?? The key make a contact when turned and completes the circuit? Have you had the plug off the back of the ignition? Take the shroud off and its a plug and play, you should be able to give it a jiggle while turning the key and see if its a loose connection.

I've already got the shroud off, sorry I should be a little more specific. I have to hold the plug in the right spot to get it to start. The terminals in the plug are tight, and they are all held in nice and tight too.

mudnut
16th April 2014, 08:26 PM
If you can't get the ignition switch sorted it is really easy to use an emergency stop button, or a self return toggle switch to bypass the circuit. I did it for an xb falcon when the original circuit burst into flames, because the spring broke and earthed to the outer shell. I only had it installed until I could afford another unit from a wrecker. I would think it might affect your insurance, too.

Bloodyaussie
16th April 2014, 08:29 PM
I've already got the shroud off, sorry I should be a little more specific. I have to hold the plug in the right spot to get it to start. The terminals in the plug are tight, and they are all held in nice and tight too.

Mine is cable tide in place as it is loose