PDA

View Full Version : a milestone for the old q

BigRAWesty
16th April 2014, 04:37 PM
Has just clicked the half a million..

Geeze it's a tough old bus. My olds bought it ex demo back in 92. It's put me and my 2 brothers threw our licences.
The old downgraded to a petty prado so I grabbed the Gq..
Fingers crossed it keeps battling and can give the 3rd gen the memories it gave me..

threedogs
16th April 2014, 04:49 PM
great stuff , who knows you might have been made in the back seat heaven forbid lol
that's a lot of K what failures if any can you think of

MudRunnerTD
16th April 2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah but does it come with a service history....... I hate when you buy a car and don't know if its been flogged!!! Risky business there Kallen :)

Tough ol rig they are indeed mate. Surprising your odometer works! Funny mine stopped, found 100,000 then decided to work intermittently. Ah well it makes no difference, its a GQ, its a Keeper.

Congrats on the milestone mate.

mudnut
16th April 2014, 06:51 PM
500000ks...Its just been run in, proving Qs are in no way ready for the museum:bananarock:

nissannewby
16th April 2014, 08:40 PM
Half your luck to have a 22 year old car with 500,000km. My 04 GU has just clocked 325,000 and it's less than half the age as yours lol. It's a testament too them really I'm still on the standard pump and injectors. Standard clutch made it 270,000km.

BigRAWesty
16th April 2014, 10:12 PM
great stuff , who knows you might have been made in the back seat heaven forbid lol
that's a lot of K what failures if any can you think of

The only rear work it's had done on it is the suspension.. It's still original injectors and pump, clutch and drive line.
Apart from the normal alternator and water pump it's pretty much all original..

Yeah but does it come with a service history....... I hate when you buy a car and don't know if its been flogged!!! Risky business there Kallen :)

Tough ol rig they are indeed mate. Surprising your odometer works! Funny mine stopped, found 100,000 then decided to work intermittently. Ah well it makes no difference, its a GQ, its a Keeper.

Congrats on the milestone mate.

My olds bought it with 1000km on the clock. I started servicing it when I could reach the hoist (8 maybe).
Being on the farm it was a minimum 40k trip to town as always got a good run..
But I'm still learning about them.

Once bar work is completed I think it'll be time for serious maintenance, ie clutch and gear box..

Matty852
16th April 2014, 11:51 PM
My girl doesn't seem so old now, my 88 has just ticked over 450,000

Avo
16th April 2014, 11:56 PM
well done on the 500 thou mate,it's knowing stuff like that that makes me want to keep mine.