PDA

View Full Version : First Post Introduction

kkperth
15th April 2014, 05:36 PM
Hello All

Just bought a 2008 Ti to ferry our family of 5 family around for some adventures (soon to be 6 so we need a 7 seater). Unlike some on this forum this car will experience some reverse mods. It currently has a 3" lift and 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs making it look pretty cool but a bit average to drive on the road (and I am advised uninsurable without an engineer's tick and a lane change test). So the cool suspension and tyres will disappear and on will go the original suspension and tyres.

We bought this because it appears to be well looked after with many additions we wanted. The lift is not something we need.

I look forward to learning about our new Patrol and hopefully being able,to give something back.

If my first attempt at loading a photo works - here is our car (before shot).

Bloodyaussie
15th April 2014, 05:37 PM
Welcome aboard mate....... I would drop it down to a 2 inch lift and am sure you would have no problem swapping a 3 inch for a 2......

threedogs
15th April 2014, 05:41 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the Forum , the further you move away from OE the more problems can arise.
Nice looking Patrol you better put a lock on the shower or you'll need a stretch version soon LOL
jump in anytime and enjoy, you'll have no probs getting rid of the lift and tyres

Dhuck
15th April 2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
15th April 2014, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Stropp
15th April 2014, 06:41 PM
welcome to the forum mate, if you are into the club scene check the western patrol club out, meet at belmont rec centre every month, tomorrow night will be the next one.

growler2058
15th April 2014, 06:50 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard. Go a 2" lift and stay legal. Keep the 35's for special occasions

Avo
15th April 2014, 07:04 PM
welcome mate,nice looking car you have there.heaps of good info and advice here ,enjoy your stay.

MEGOMONSTER
15th April 2014, 08:20 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

my third 256
17th April 2014, 05:07 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Sherro
22nd April 2014, 02:10 PM
G'day welcome to the forum mate.