PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol Forum meet up - Easter 2012

AB
7th February 2011, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone, here is a new thread for the 2012 forum meet up.

The meet up will be held Easter 2012 and everyone is welcome.

The original discussions of the meet up can be located here. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?489-2012-NissanPatrol-Forum-Trip-Registration-of-Interest

We had to start a new thread and do a poll to see where the majority are coming from to work out a location to best suit.

If you are going to join us then please vote above.

We are leaning towards a nice remote spot in SA with good fishing, tracks, etc but let's see how this poll turns out.

DX grunt
7th February 2011, 08:43 PM
AB,

Where's the Poll? hahahahaha

EDIT. Well....it wasn't there when I last looked, but it is now. Well done. Nicely put.

AB
7th February 2011, 08:45 PM
AB,

Where's the Poll? hahahahaha

I had to post it first then add the poll..lol...Slow down Rossco...lol...I knew someone would see this in the 5 seconds after I posted it.

BillsGU
8th February 2011, 10:08 PM
SA has some great camps - only problem is very few are free. They always want a hand out (which I don't object to) but they rarely have facilities (which cheeses me off a bit).

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 11:04 PM
SA has some great camps - only problem is very few are free. They always want a hand out (which I don't object to) but they rarely have facilities (which cheeses me off a bit).

We're looking at Loveday at the moment - any thoughts on it? They always cost, and does have facilities, but we were concerned about tourist crowds etc.

DX grunt
9th February 2011, 01:10 AM
Who's the other West ozzie that put their hand up?

wildgu6
9th February 2011, 06:53 PM
We're looking at Loveday at the moment - any thoughts on it? They always cost, and does have facilities, but we were concerned about tourist crowds etc.

Will be up there over easter if all goes to plan, will suss it out and get back to you... I did say if all goes to plan!! Fingers crossed

Anyway out for the night, cheers guys.

Bigrig
9th February 2011, 06:55 PM
Will be up there over easter if all goes to plan, will suss it out and get back to you... I did say if all goes to plan!! Fingers crossed

Firmly crossed for you mate - would be great to see you there!!! Numbers are building ... real numbers now we have gotten real serious!! Good stuff ...

DX grunt
9th February 2011, 06:58 PM
I'll volunteer to be media spokesperson.

AB
9th February 2011, 07:11 PM
If you click on the numbers at the top it shows who has voted too. I made this public poll so we know who is coming.

Bigrig
9th February 2011, 07:14 PM
I'll volunteer to be media spokesperson.

You reckon we'll be naughty enough to warrant media coverage?? Probably best it's someone other than me who speaks to them, so good idea!!!

Somehow don't think the Australian Diplomatic Commission will ever be knocking at my door to offer me a job!!! lmfao!!!!

Bigrig
9th February 2011, 07:15 PM
If you click on the numbers at the top it shows who has voted too. I made this public poll so we know who is coming.

Saw that - pearler!!!

wildgu6
9th February 2011, 10:41 PM
Firmly crossed for you mate - would be great to see you there!!! Numbers are building ... real numbers now we have gotten real serious!! Good stuff ...

Scotty i think you misunderstood my last post, when i said i would be there at easter, i ment easter 2011.

Going to Waikerie in the riverland for 5 days jetskiing, so while up that way going to try and do both Morgan quarry and Loveday as there only 1/2hr from waikerie.

As for 2012 Easter, I'm there buddy. Wouldnt miss having a few with you nutters.

Cheers Pete

wildgu6
9th February 2011, 10:42 PM

Good work Andy, thats brilliant mate.

DX grunt
10th February 2011, 01:08 AM
You reckon we'll be naughty enough to warrant media coverage?? Probably best it's someone other than me who speaks to them, so good idea!!!

Somehow don't think the Australian Diplomatic Commission will ever be knocking at my door to offer me a job!!! lmfao!!!!

Dear Mr Bigrig,

Thank you for volunteering to be Media Liaison Officer. Your request has been considered and we respectfully decline your application
based on the following grounds.
1. You are required to be diplomatic
2. You are required to be sober
and, not necessarily in that order.

If you tender another application, we apologise for not receiving it.

If we coincidentally did receive another application from you, I'm sure somebody would have 'accidentally' shredded it.

Enjoy the rest of your life Mr Bigrig, as we will ours.

Signed

Anonymouse

LOLOLOLOL hahahahahahahahah

Bigrig
10th February 2011, 08:27 AM
Scotty i think you misunderstood my last post, when i said i would be there at easter, i ment easter 2011.

Going to Waikerie in the riverland for 5 days jetskiing, so while up that way going to try and do both Morgan quarry and Loveday as there only 1/2hr from waikerie.

As for 2012 Easter, I'm there buddy. Wouldnt miss having a few with you nutters.

Cheers Pete

Woohoo!!! Top sh!t mate ... I've more than likely got another mate and his wife coming also - should be awesome!!

Bigrig
10th February 2011, 08:29 AM
Dear Mr Bigrig,

Thank you for volunteering to be Media Liaison Officer. Your request has been considered and we respectfully decline your application
based on the following grounds.
1. You are required to be diplomatic
2. You are required to be sober
and, not necessarily in that order.

If you tender another application, we apologise for not receiving it.

If we coincidentally did receive another application from you, I'm sure somebody would have 'accidentally' shredded it.

Enjoy the rest of your life Mr Bigrig, as we will ours.

Signed

Anonymouse

LOLOLOLOL hahahahahahahahah

Who submitted that on my behalf?? C'mon, fess up!!! You lot know I'm never sober NOR diplomatic ... you could of gotten us into real trouble had they of accepted the application!!! LMFAO!!!

Nice one Rossco!!!

Bigrig
11th February 2011, 03:44 PM
Wrong bump on the other one!!

growler2058
26th February 2011, 12:14 PM

Cheers Pete

Dirty weekend at Loveday mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddd dddddddd Whats the deal with morgan Quarry? can anyone have a go there?

wildgu6
28th February 2011, 09:45 PM
Dirty weekend at Loveday mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddd dddddddd Whats the deal with morgan Quarry? can anyone have a go there?

Yer buddy anyone can get messy there, never been myself but had a few mates been there and had a ball, a few guys from here have been as well.
There's a thread in trips and treks with a few pics which gives you an idea, also google youtube morgan quarry has a few on there. LOOKS OK!

Cheers Pete

molongmick
28th February 2011, 10:08 PM
This place seems to be quite good, not sure if anyone has been here. wollondilly river station (http://www.wollondillyriverstation.com/index.html)

nowoolies
28th February 2011, 10:10 PM
Who's the other West ozzie that put their hand up?

i did but where it went ??????????????? i dont know

big_fletch
28th February 2011, 10:27 PM
I am hoping to def be there as well guys, already started saving lol.. Doesnt realli matter where we go to me, long as i can cast a rod and have a drink :1062:

wildgu6
2nd March 2011, 10:25 PM
He Andy / Mod squad,
Whats your thoughts on another poll, We know which members are attending the 2012 bash, but do we know actual number of people attending,
# of Adults / Children with each member.
Would be good to get an idea of how many people will be attending.

Cheers Pete

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 10:29 PM
He Andy / Mod squad,
Whats your thoughts on another poll, We know which members are attending the 2012 bash, but do we know actual number of people attending,
# of Adults / Children with each member.
Would be good to get an idea of how many people will be attending.

Cheers Pete

Good idea - we have 3 cars, 4 adults and 4 kids already confirmed, so the numbers will add up fast no doubt.

wildgu6
2nd March 2011, 10:38 PM
Good idea - we have 3 cars, 4 adults and 4 kids already confirmed, so the numbers will add up fast no doubt.

Yer Scotty, we have 2 cars, 4 adults and 1 little tacka confirmed as well.

Dark 1
2nd March 2011, 10:38 PM
Wife & i are going to try our best to be there but not promising anything.

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 10:46 PM
Wife & i are going to try our best to be there but not promising anything.

You gotta make it just to show everyone that setup you have - simply outstanding ... oh ... and for a beer or ten!!!

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 10:49 PM
Yer Scotty, we have 2 cars, 4 adults and 1 little tacka confirmed as well.

Yep - that's five cars, 8 adults and 5 kids from just 2 of the 19 attendees ... as said, bloody good idea Pete - AB, any chance of some sort of poll that you can add numbers to?? Cars, Adults, Kids, Dogs, Cats (for target practice), etc, etc?

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 10:52 PM
This place seems to be quite good, not sure if anyone has been here. wollondilly river station (http://www.wollondillyriverstation.com/index.html)

That looks like a top spot also Mick ... again, I don't care too much where it's at, so long as there is fishing, 4wd'ing, and not too many tourists, I'll be a happy camper (boom boom)!!!

Dark 1
2nd March 2011, 10:54 PM
Supposed to be off the beer buuuuuutttttt, might have to have 10 or so. Really tryin to get their but we'll see how it goes. Might even have some new additions to the old girl by then. [i mean the gu]

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 10:56 PM
Might even have some new additions to the old girl by then. [i mean the gu]

LOL!!! Wasn't sure what to say at first, but no matter which one you were talking about, I was planning on congratulating you on the new set of "bolt ons"!!! LMFAO!!!!

Dark 1
2nd March 2011, 11:02 PM
LOL!!! Wasn't sure what to say at first, but no matter which one you were talking about, I was planning on congratulating you on the new set of "bolt ons"!!! LMFAO!!!!

Bolt on's lol.

molongmick
3rd March 2011, 01:53 PM
That looks like a top spot also Mick ... again, I don't care too much where it's at, so long as there is fishing, 4wd'ing, and not too many tourists, I'll be a happy camper (boom boom)!!! I havenot been there myself, but have driven past the entrance several times. It is on the wombeyan caves road. I think from memorry abou 1hr drive from Mittagong.

cnw351
8th March 2011, 06:26 AM
Just need to book hols now, hopefully they arn't all gone on the roster

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:37 AM
If the QLD meetup was anything to go by, then the national meetup will be nothing short of spectacular!! Great people, common interests, and a willingness to trust in the group and give things a go ... the forum gathering will be simply epic!!!

Bob
8th March 2011, 09:55 AM
from the locations of the members interested Cameron's Corner looks the place LOL LOL

Sir Roofy
8th March 2011, 11:34 AM
from the locations of the members interested cameron's corner looks the place lol lol

carefull there bob it just might happen

Bob
8th March 2011, 07:05 PM
haha not sure how the fishing would go there bob! Great part of the world though.

never been there unfortunately. From my fishing results lately it would not matter if there was no fishing

growler2058
10th March 2011, 07:25 AM
Regarding Loveday tourist etc etc if you get in early and speak to Tony the owner, you will be able to book one of the quieter camp sites. We normally book a site called "WoodY" its off the main track so you dont have everyone passing your site to get to theirs, if its dry the dust can get a bit annoying. The sites are "absolute river frontage" so fishin/yabbying etc is an easy task. The amenities up at the tavern are basic, but fine dunnies male and female and showers. Get in early for a shower as the line up can get long on a busy long weekend public holiday, (they ask for a gold coin donation quite reasonable) as long as they turned the hot water on. As with anywhere occassionally you can get a dickhead but I have never had a problem and Tony and his mob do a good job of keeping it good. Rules are in place for your safety and others and you sign a waiver of course. In saying that they dont police it really heavily. I had a "dickhead" mate in his jeep, doors off, no seat belt coupla grogs in him got some air time on 1 of the tracks and nearly fell out.......very funny to see except i was the passenger and sudenly the driver was hanging out the opening with very litl control of the vehicle and i was gripping the oh F@#K me bar saying the same profanity. They made him put his half doors on or no more play.

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 08:04 AM
Regarding Loveday tourist etc etc if you get in early and speak to Tony the owner, you will be able to book one of the quieter camp sites. We normally book a site called "WoodY" its off the main track so you dont have everyone passing your site to get to theirs, if its dry the dust can get a bit annoying. The sites are "absolute river frontage" so fishin/yabbying etc is an easy task. The amenities up at the tavern are basic, but fine dunnies male and female and showers. Get in early for a shower as the line up can get long on a busy long weekend public holiday, (they ask for a gold coin donation quite reasonable) as long as they turned the hot water on. As with anywhere occassionally you can get a dickhead but I have never had a problem and Tony and his mob do a good job of keeping it good. Rules are in place for your safety and others and you sign a waiver of course. In saying that they dont police it really heavily. I had a "dickhead" mate in his jeep, doors off, no seat belt coupla grogs in him got some air time on 1 of the tracks and nearly fell out.......very funny to see except i was the passenger and sudenly the driver was hanging out the opening with very litl control of the vehicle and i was gripping the oh F@#K me bar saying the same profanity. They made him put his half doors on or no more play.

Top stuff mate!! And no trouble for me regarding the line up - I'll just not shower for four days and do my bit to keep the flies off everyone else!!! LOL

Bob
10th March 2011, 08:06 AM
Loveday looks to be the spot.

Sir Roofy
10th March 2011, 08:15 AM
congrats on reaching 1000 posts BOB

wildgu6
10th March 2011, 08:09 PM
Guys just a quick one to let you know, have just edited the Loveday thread in 4x4 parks.
For those interested, its hows what Loveday is all about. Couldnt of done it without ya Toddsta. Well done buddy

DX grunt
10th March 2011, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Bigrig;49790 I'll just not shower for four days and do my bit to keep the flies off everyone else!!! LOL[/QUOTE]

Bull$h!$. You'll be the first one that I'll lend my SECOND solar shower with - whether, at the end of the day, it's hot, luke warm or cold. lol
Nah just kidding about the cold water. I'll boil the billy and top it up with kettle water. lol

DX grunt
10th March 2011, 08:20 PM
Can we please make a decision shortly coz the people that visit this Easter, might want to visit it next Easter and we want the best spot! Pleeeeease.

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 08:53 PM
Bull$h!$. You'll be the first one that I'll lend my SECOND solar shower with - whether, at the end of the day, it's hot, luke warm or cold. lol
Nah just kidding about the cold water. I'll boil the billy and top it up with kettle water. lol

Good to know I'll have someone to loofah my ... well ... let's just say, 'hard to reach' places!!! LMFAO!!!

DX grunt
10th March 2011, 08:54 PM
Good to know I'll have someone to loofah my ... well ... let's just say, 'hard to reach' places!!! LMFAO!!!

I said I'll lend it, not wash it. lol

Woof
10th March 2011, 09:14 PM
Decision, decision....... Someone make the bloody decision where we are going or i will and it will not be pretty:SNruQWn369624407:

Woof
10th March 2011, 09:16 PM
We have only got 25 members coming so far, so get you names down all.

big_fletch
10th March 2011, 09:22 PM
Any of the newer members out there interested??

wildgu6
10th March 2011, 09:28 PM
We have only got 25 members coming so far, so get you names down all.

We know which members are attending the 2012 bash, but do we know actual number of people attending, New poll required.
# of Adults / Children with each member, Would be good to get an idea of how many people will be attending, and a number of vehicles
so something can be sorted. Good spots get booked out 12 months in advance.
For me 2 vehicles, 4 adults and 1 child. That number wont change

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 09:36 PM
We know which members are attending the 2012 bash, but do we know actual number of people attending, New poll required.
# of Adults / Children with each member, Would be good to get an idea of how many people will be attending, and a number of vehicles
so something can be sorted. Good spots get booked out 12 months in advance.
For me 2 vehicles, 4 adults and 1 child. That number wont change

That's 12 between you and me mate ... numbers will add up quick

wildgu6
10th March 2011, 09:52 PM
That's 12 between you and me mate ... numbers will add up quick

Thats 13 between 2 of us Scotty and Ross, and there is so far 22 other members that havent given numbers attending, so thats 35 without additional family / friends.
So when every one gets actual numbers in, its gunna be a cracker mate.
But we do need to know to let wherever we go what the hell they are in for.........LOL.......... Andy poll please

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 10:14 PM
Thats 13 between 2 of us Scotty and Ross, and there is so far 22 other members that havent given numbers attending, so thats 35 without additional family / friends.
So when every one gets actual numbers in, its gunna be a cracker mate.
But we do need to know to let wherever we go what the hell they are in for.........LOL.......... Andy poll please

35 not even including wives/husbands, so add another 22 or so, so already it's up to 57 without kids, family and other friends!!

DX grunt
10th March 2011, 10:20 PM

The poll has already been done....hasn't it - and Loveday was victorious?

Don't we just need numbers and somebody to book the venue? I understand things change, but we need a base number - somewhere to start from.

Don't forget to ask for group booking discount.

wildgu6
12th March 2011, 01:20 PM
The poll has already been done....hasn't it - and Loveday was victorious?

Don't we just need numbers and somebody to book the venue? .

Think you miss understood me Rossco, Poll for location done, Poll for members attending done,
But this was for poll on actual numbers attending ie; family, friends (extras) All done now, so all good.
Bring on 2012

DX grunt
12th March 2011, 01:59 PM
Think you miss understood me Rossco, Poll for location done, Poll for members attending done,
But this was for poll on actual numbers attending ie; family, friends (extras) All done now, so all good.
Bring on 2012

Sorry bro. Had a crap day at work and misread your thread. All good

wildgu6
13th March 2011, 01:15 PM
Sorry bro. Had a crap day at work and misread your thread. All good

No worries buddy, We all have em,
Numbers are growing for 2012 though..... Awsome

Stay safe big fella.

Sir Roofy
13th March 2011, 07:59 PM
HI GUYS 2 COMING ROOFY AND JANE(the boss)

Bob
14th March 2011, 05:06 PM
Lorraine & Bob (The Boss) will be there

molongmick
14th March 2011, 06:51 PM
If it is not too far it will be the boss, myself and three trouble makers, one vehicle and one van in tow.