PDA

View Full Version : Help with cheap Projecta battery system

NotTortoise
12th April 2014, 11:21 PM
Hello,

I have just installed this system http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/301137396970?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true in my 99 GU TD42t.

It all tested fine and I went for a decent drive, all good. I have noticed however that the isolator is staying in the on position now about an hour after my trip. I tested the batteries and found that the main battery is reading 12.8v and the aux is at 12.7v.

If the unit has a cut in at 13.4v and a cut out of 12.8v, with a margin of error could this be why the unit is still active. Even with the ignition off?

sooty_10
13th April 2014, 04:33 AM
I'm guessing that as the main is still sitting at 12.8v it won't cut out. Put a load eg. Fridge or lights on the aux battery and see if it'll utilize some of the starter battery until it drops below the 12.8v. It should then cut out.

threedogs
13th April 2014, 07:10 AM
X 2 with above, get the AUX battery working

NotTortoise
13th April 2014, 07:25 AM
Thanks mate. Will see if its still the same soon and if it is I will put some load on it and see what happens.

BigRAWesty
13th April 2014, 07:27 AM
That's a good sign that batteries are in good condition..
And totally normal mate.

NotTortoise
13th April 2014, 06:15 PM
Looks good then, thanks guys. I was dreading that something had gone wrong, but it's good to hear that its normal.

I drained some power and it wne toff and didn't look at it again until just now. When I saw it was back on and the voltage had bounced back I had a panic and then read what Westy had to say.

So this is fine to leave working like this?

sooty_10
13th April 2014, 06:41 PM
As long as it disconnects when the start battery drops below the threshold it should be fine. If your battery creeps back up above the threshold the link will probably connect again. I don't see any dramas with that, once you use the batteries a bit and add some loads it probably won't do that much.

billyj
14th April 2014, 08:22 PM
as said above it will disconnect when the main batt goes below 12.8, have the same system in my work ute, been working great for 18 months so far running my waeco 24/7