PDA

View Full Version : GQ Patrol TB42 missing at high temp

Goyney
12th April 2014, 05:40 PM
Hi guys and gals,

Long time listener, first time poster...

But what a great fountain of knowledge on here!

Anyway I have just moved to Darwin and my Patrol has started to miss a little at high temp,
I am not too bad with small mechanical adjustments but wondering if anyone could help with tuning
for higher temps?

It is Dual fuel and of course, petrol is fine! but running on gas is the issue...Electrics have just been overhauled
with new plugs, leads, dizzy and coil so I dare say that isn't the issue?

I also had it conk out completely after towing my boat for a couple of hours on gas, switch back to petrol and she was fine.

Any help much appreciated.

Rickie3
12th April 2014, 06:19 PM
how old is your mixer?

Goyney
12th April 2014, 10:59 PM
how old is your mixer?

Hmm I havent replaced before so older than five years! Are they easy to fit/expensive?

Rickie3
13th April 2014, 10:06 AM
You may be experiencing freezing have you checked the mixer whilst engine is running, but my guess is due to your climate your system will need a tune, not sure if your gas system has tuning points, if it does try adjusting them

Goyney
14th April 2014, 09:58 PM
You may be experiencing freezing have you checked the mixer whilst engine is running, but my guess is due to your climate your system will need a tune, not sure if your gas system has tuning points, if it does try adjusting them

Cheers Rickie I will have a look. Not being too experienced with tuning I'm guessing just small adjustments?

When I first came up my idle would struggle at traffic lights so I assumed this was from the higher temp too, I adjusted the idle up and haven't had a problem
with that since. I haven't been game to have a crack at the mixer though!

Goyney
15th April 2014, 07:44 PM

Here is what I found, just small adjustments until she sounds sweet?

Rickie3
15th April 2014, 07:55 PM

Here is what I found, just small adjustments until she sounds sweet?yep give it a try, only small adjustments tho

GQ TANK
18th April 2014, 12:07 PM
I use this as a reference

http://www.diy-lpg.co.uk/articles/files/tuning-open-loop.html

Check the fluid levels - if they are a bit low - your mixer can start freezing - resulting in misses

The value above is the LPG POWER valve - adjust for max power - ie while on a hill. - but if you over adjust you will chew fuel

Goyney
21st April 2014, 01:53 PM
I use this as a reference

http://www.diy-lpg.co.uk/articles/files/tuning-open-loop.html

Check the fluid levels - if they are a bit low - your mixer can start freezing - resulting in misses

The value above is the LPG POWER valve - adjust for max power - ie while on a hill. - but if you over adjust you will chew fuel

Thanks mate, some handy info in there.

threedogs
21st April 2014, 04:30 PM
That's the main gas flow adjustment, the other pic that is circled is to fine tune your gas , back it out two flats will make it richer,
Always mark where you started , You could put a kit through your converter. Bleed the air from the top hose on convertor
, in fact park nose up and bleed whole water system, invert a cut off coke bottle into radiator to raise water level.
Replace all your "TEES" with "Y" this will stop a lot of cavition and just makes things more efficient