PDA

View Full Version : Power window module for GU

Pokey
11th April 2014, 11:28 PM
Hi guys, bit of help needed. My drivers side power window switch is stuffed. The module is burnt out. Can still operate the other windows from the drivers door but not the most important one. Ordered a new module from my local mechanic that basically is a Nissan guy. Well seven weeks have passed and no fruit yet. Where should I be looking to get one and approx. how much $$ . its a 2006 GU 4 ST. Can find a couple of older ones at the wreckers for $125, wrong colour and not sure if the actually fit yet. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated

Robo
12th April 2014, 12:21 AM
Get nissan fast, Nissan's spare parts program.
Its a free download for +25 good posts.
search all gu models and see if the same part number applies to your and other yr models for the GU.
that should answer your question.

Pokey
12th April 2014, 12:41 AM
Thanks Robo. Where can I find Nissan Fast ?

maverick57
1st May 2014, 06:51 PM
Hi Pokey, try ringing Queensland Patrols they are wreckers of Patrols only. They may have what your looking for. The number is 0749228822.

Pokey
1st May 2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks Maverick. These parts are like hens teeth to find

04OFF
1st May 2014, 07:13 PM
If they are anything like the early GUs, the actual window switches themselves are always black, the switch cluster is only "screwed" onto the door trim from underneath , so the colour of the surrounding panel is not important, as you can retain the one already in your car now by just swapping the switch cluster over.

maverick57
1st May 2014, 08:08 PM
Hi Pokey, 04OFF is correct as I just bought a switch cluster from the place I mentioned (Queensland Patrols) and it was from a GQ and it fitted, not that it did me any good as it was not the problem. So now I have a spare window switch cluster. Where in Tassie are you? I was born and bred in Queenstown but now live in NSW.

Pokey
1st May 2014, 11:11 PM
The one I found for sale had actually been painted so no go there.
How much did you pay for yours Maverick?
I'm from Smithton. Loads of tracks and beaches here :-)

maverick57
2nd May 2014, 12:23 PM
I paid $90 including postage.

Pokey
2nd May 2014, 08:30 PM
Well if you don't want or need your new switch cluster I'd be happy to buy it off you for whatever you need to recover costs ?