PDA

View Full Version : AFTER MARKET SEATS for 09 3L CRD Wagon.

Coogs
10th April 2014, 08:02 PM
I'm enquiring into the feasibility of installing Recaro driver and frt passenger seats to my Patrol.
The standard Nissan seats are slowly killing my lower back on longer trips.
My main concern is fitting! ... would be gr8t if they bolted straight in but I'm guessing that's to good to be true.
Can any members please advise the best method to fit? If alterations are required, what are they?

MEGOMONSTER
10th April 2014, 08:19 PM
I'm enquiring into the feasibility of installing Recaro driver and frt passenger seats to my Patrol. The standard Nissan seats are slowly killing my lower back on longer trips. My main concern is fitting! ... would be gr8t if they bolted straight in but I'm guessing that's to good to be true. Can any members please advise the best method to fit? If alterations are required, what are they?

They're not Recaro seats but I got my original seats re-bolstered and reupholstered in leather, done by Alphaline.

Hodge
10th April 2014, 08:29 PM
Geezus. I didn't even notice those the other day... That looks awesome.

growler2058
10th April 2014, 11:13 PM
I'm enquiring into the feasibility of installing Recaro driver and frt passenger seats to my Patrol.
The standard Nissan seats are slowly killing my lower back on longer trips.
My main concern is fitting! ... would be gr8t if they bolted straight in but I'm guessing that's to good to be true.
Can any members please advise the best method to fit? If alterations are required, what are they?

OH NOOOOOOOO! HERE COMES MEGGO!!!!!!

They're not Recaro seats but I got my original seats re-bolstered and reupholstered in leather, done by Alphaline.

Geeeeezzzzuus that was quick!!!!!!!

Geezus. I didn't even notice those the other day... That looks awesome.

Dont encourage him!

the evil twin
10th April 2014, 11:30 PM
Friggin' GOLD Growler... just friggin GOLD

Mind you MM's seats do look niiiiice

Clunk
10th April 2014, 11:35 PM
Wonder how much the leather seats out of a ST-L would cost

93patrol
11th April 2014, 01:40 AM
you think that was a setup??

MegoMonster signed up under a different user just to post up a pic of those lovely comfy seats again???

Coogs
12th April 2014, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the lightning fast response and the pics. Went to see Alphaline in Perth yesterday. They can do front the seats as pictured for $3300. I thought a bit pricey since the're using the OEM seat and basically supply added padding and bolsters. However, not as expensive as Recaro and I am interested.
Can you please tell me how you find them on long hauls on corrugated roads and did you specify any extra padding. Appreciate the feedback.
If any of your disciples have a relevant feedback I'd appreciate that too.

MEGOMONSTER
12th April 2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the lightning fast response and the pics. Went to see Alphaline in Perth yesterday. They can do front the seats as pictured for $3300. I thought a bit pricey since the're using the OEM seat and basically supply added padding and bolsters. However, not as expensive as Recaro and I am interested.
Can you please tell me how you find them on long hauls on corrugated roads and did you specify any extra padding. Appreciate the feedback.
If any of your disciples have a relevant feedback I'd appreciate that too.

I was told the cost was $3500 for all seven seats in leather, of which Nissan said they would share the cost and I only paid $2500 for the lot.
All I requested were bolstered bucket seats. There was supposed to be bolstered shoulders also but no matter how much they tried the bolstering would sit right and twist.
As for long hauls I do many trip 3 hr trips to Yarrawonga and one trip to QLD with a single 10hr drive all on road.
never done outback corrugations.

they are really comfy seats.
the Recaro's i dont like because of the frame in the side bucket bit i can feel on my legs cos I do have a Barge arse

threedogs
12th April 2014, 05:50 PM
I have Strato 3000 with lumber , and believe me I need a decent seat after 16 back operation.
When first fitted I pulled them out as I could feel every bump on the road. I have since re-installed them with rubber between the seat and floor
and spaced them up some 40mm . Now they are great never get a "tired" back , Highly recommend seats are about $800 and base $300 I think

Stropp
13th April 2014, 03:11 PM
I have recaros but I bought them second hand and they are great but the stratos seats are a very good buy as well.

jet
16th April 2014, 11:14 AM
I have Stratos LTSS - only drivers side though
Expensive but excellent
I too have mild back problem, dissappeared with this installed
Seat foam did come to bits but replaced and repaired free

Coogs
25th April 2014, 12:20 AM
Thanks to members for their feedback. I have 3 choices to check out- 2nd hand Recaro or Stratos 3000 or Alphaline who re-upholster/ re bolster existing seats. Looking to get 2 seats for $2000 inc rails and brackets. Thanks again

Stropp
25th April 2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks to members for their feedback. I have 3 choices to check out- 2nd hand Recaro or Stratos 3000 or Alphaline who re-upholster/ re bolster existing seats. Looking to get 2 seats for $2000 inc rails and brackets. Thanks again

Mate check out robson leather, I put up a post about re covering seats in Perth, $2750 for all seats, door cards and centre console.

NissanGQ4.2
25th April 2014, 06:40 AM
Mate check out robson leather, I put up a post about re covering seats in Perth, $2750 for all seats, door cards and centre console.

Here is the link 2 the thread Stopp is talking about: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?27563-Leather-interior-retrim-Perth

Cheers

Toddie

Coogs
25th April 2014, 10:50 AM
I have recaros but I bought them second hand and they are great but the stratos seats are a very good buy as well.

Thanks for your reply, can you advise what model Recaro seats you have?. I will have to buy rails & brackets separately but knowing what size (rails & brackets) to get is my big problem.
Did you have any troubles fitting them?

Stropp
25th April 2014, 01:46 PM
Recaro expert L I think they are, I bought them second hand with bases and the bolted straight in! I am thinking of doing them in leather as robsons have a leather re trim special on at the moment.

Kennyj1976
25th April 2014, 11:42 PM
Nice seats megomonster