PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Cyclones!!!

FNQGU
10th April 2014, 07:21 PM
Nothing worse than seeing a Cat 5 cyclone heading for your wife and kids and home when you are stuck 2000klms away at work and unable to get home...

First Larry, then Yasi and now bloody Ita!!

Hopefully it doesn't get any closer than it already looks like it will.

Bloodyaussie
10th April 2014, 07:24 PM
Best of luck mate!!!!!!!!!

krbrooking
10th April 2014, 07:29 PM
Hope the family stay safe mate.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

NissanGQ4.2
10th April 2014, 07:30 PM
Yeh it would be a worry not been able 2 get home and be with the family :( best of luck mate. Hope it dies out quickly

Tonks
10th April 2014, 07:34 PM
Hopefully it calms down abit before it hits land, fingers crossed.

jackwalks
10th April 2014, 07:50 PM
Hope the family stays safe. I have friends and family in Cairns.

So far in Townsville, very quiet on the wind side so far, will see how the weekend goes.

FNQGU
10th April 2014, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I reckon she could be another big one. There is still a lot of ocean for it to keep intensifying before it hits land. Now I am kicking myself for not buying that slightly larger generator... The family is getting set for it, but yes, I feel like I need to be there.

If there is a positive, it should be a good wet-season at least! Lakefield might be closed through until June again, and the lower Cape rivers and Creeks should get a good flush out.

Patrol1990
11th April 2014, 05:59 AM
Hope your family will be okay. As long as they're prepared, then they'll be fine. Sucks you can't be there, but I'm sure it will blow over.

BigRAWesty
11th April 2014, 06:20 AM
Hope the family stay safe mate.

Never been in a cyclone, missed one by 5 days when I was up your way but that's it lol..

FNQGU
11th April 2014, 10:52 AM
So far so good by the looks of it...for us anyway. As long as it hits the coast and drops some intensity. Cat 2 is one thing, Cat 5 is a whole different ball game. Cooktown looks like it will cop some grief and the Cape Flattery sand mining operation would be shitting bricks at the moment I reckon.

Tonks
11th April 2014, 02:02 PM
I worked at Cape Flattery Sand mine back in 1998, Great part of the Country, hopefully this Cyclone calms a bit before tonight.
So far so good by the looks of it...for us anyway. As long as it hits the coast and drops some intensity. Cat 2 is one thing, Cat 5 is a whole different ball game. Cooktown looks like it will cop some grief and the Cape Flattery sand mining operation would be shitting bricks at the moment I reckon.

Gecko17
11th April 2014, 05:33 PM
Hope the family are all safe and batterned down Benny! Hopefully it pitters out mate.

Tonks
11th April 2014, 06:27 PM
Just heard it's been down graded to category 4