PDA

View Full Version : Intro and a question.

Nissan cedric
10th April 2014, 12:10 PM
Hello to all. Nissan Cedric here, first time user of this site, I think I am on the right track!

I have a 1990 Nissan patrol 3 litre petrol, 3 inch lift kit etc and am very new to the exciting world of 4x4.

Question ... Has any one had any experience with the hiclone products?

Ta for now

growler2058
10th April 2014, 12:24 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

A heap of people don't read the intros so id chuck your question up in gen mech section mate youll get a better response

mudnut
10th April 2014, 01:14 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?14948-Hiclones&highlight=hiclone

Welcome to the forum. It is always great to have another RB30 owner join the fold. Have a go at reading this thread as there is a link to some very interesting reading.

MEGOMONSTER
10th April 2014, 01:23 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
10th April 2014, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Winnie
10th April 2014, 03:10 PM
G'day mate, skip the Hiclones they're a gimmick.

threedogs
10th April 2014, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the forum, X2 on the hi-clones being a gimmick along with magnetic pellets in the fuel tank,
Smoke and mirrors

Dhuck
10th April 2014, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Nissan cedric
10th April 2014, 05:05 PM
To all who welcomed me abroad ... Thank you so much, feel like part of a family. Ta for the info on hiclone though it was too good to be true, but you never know. Yes I will be asking lots of questions once I feel my around the site. Ta again

Nissan cedric
10th April 2014, 05:07 PM
Ta nice to know I am not the only RB 30 owner out there. Silly question ... How do I follow the link you mentioned. He'll I just learnt to send an SMS

mudnut
10th April 2014, 06:45 PM
Just double click on the link and it should re-direct you there. The stock RB30 is no speedster, but I have found it very reliable. I reckon the gearboxes are a bit too lightly constructed, but I get every where I want to go. Tell us a bit about your machine and any mods you wish to do.

my third 256
11th April 2014, 08:52 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Nissan cedric
11th April 2014, 03:02 PM
Hello mud nut ...

My cerdic is 1990 RB 30, standard fuel tank, with 3 inch lift, Mickey t's antz 30/10. I have fitted an external snorkel, full length Ali roof rack, awing and a Ali bull bar. Since fitting the roof rack etc my fuel economy had reduced drastically, hence my question about hiclone (yes will follow the link). Have you any suggestions other than tyre pressure or remove the items, that might improve improve my fuel economy at least to pre fit out?
Ta in anticipation
RB30's rule

Sherro
11th April 2014, 08:15 PM
g'day Nissan Cedric welcome to the forum mate.

Oversize
15th April 2014, 07:14 AM
Hello mud nut ...

My cerdic is 1990 RB 30, standard fuel tank, with 3 inch lift, Mickey t's antz 30/10. I have fitted an external snorkel, full length Ali roof rack, awing and a Ali bull bar. Since fitting the roof rack etc my fuel economy had reduced drastically, hence my question about hiclone (yes will follow the link). Have you any suggestions other than tyre pressure or remove the items, that might improve improve my fuel economy at least to pre fit out?
Ta in anticipation
RB30's rule

No experience with hiclone, plenty experience with wind drag from stuff on the roof. Suggest you try a wind foil at the front of the rack that lifts air at an angle up over the rack and leave a gap underneath the rack. Thelma (see members rides) has never had a problem with fuel economy however some of my mates have huge issues and we put it down to the sign on the roof and the clearance under the sign. Mine is set higher than most others.

mudnut
15th April 2014, 11:04 AM
From what I can gather, some members of my 4x4 club have pulley systems installed in there carports or garages, which allow them to easily lift their racks off and store them until they need them. Apparently it can be expensive to set up, but they can leave their racks packed and ready to go.

cherry
28th April 2014, 10:02 PM
Hi mate, I have tried the Hiclone's on two different vehicles. I can honestly say I noticed nothing fantastic or obvious with improvements. I do however like the theory of what they say they can do. Don't they still come with some sort of trial period? Give them a go if you have the spare cash.... Just a thought.