PDA

View Full Version : What are these and can they be removed??

Lewy
10th April 2014, 08:56 AM
G'day guys and girls.
So trying to find some room under my bonnet to fit my water separator filter aka fuel manager filter. Now there is sweet stuff all room anywhere!
Can I take all these vacuum hoses out? And just tape up the plugs and what have you. I remember reading some where that they are not needed? What are they for? It's a 4.2TDi

Or if anyone has a great spot to fit the fuel watch that also would be great!

Cheers Lewy

megatexture
10th April 2014, 10:07 AM
why not just replace them with longer ones and run them else where after your water separator is installed

Lewy
10th April 2014, 10:34 AM
Yer working on doing that now.. :-) Still no bloody room though LOL

nissannewby
10th April 2014, 10:41 AM
Take it all out and put in a box in the shed never to be seen again. They are there for the very basic egr setup. You could go a step further and remove the egr all together. This frees up a lot of room for changing filters as it does away with the little cooler right above your oil filters. You only need to blank a small port on the vac pump which you can do very easily.

Lewy
10th April 2014, 10:56 AM
Well I already have the EGR plate in so sweet Ill just toss them away!! (blank a small port on the vac pump which you can do very easily)Where do i see this?

Thanks again Guys Its just so good having all the help from this forum!!

nissannewby
10th April 2014, 11:14 AM
I'll grab some pics at lunch mate and post them later.

Lewy
10th April 2014, 11:43 AM
Ok great!! Thanks heaps....

nissannewby
11th April 2014, 10:12 PM
Hey mate
Sorry about the delay I have been absolutely snowed under with work. Here are the pics as promised.

Lewy
11th April 2014, 10:48 PM
Awesome mate. Thanks for that. I'll defiantly take that out. Will make oil changes so much easier :-).

Lewy
12th April 2014, 08:06 AM
So what do you have going to where the EGR used to be? I see a pipe coming from the blanking plate?

Lewy

nissannewby
12th April 2014, 09:57 AM
You will need a blanking plate as pictured in the 1st pic as coolant runs through that little cooler. You will also need just a straight male/male barb to replace the t piece in the heater hose which is the feed for the little cooler.

Also did you notice the little blank on the vac pump?

The hose in that plate is for my boost gauge.