PDA

View Full Version : cruise control

nowoolies
6th February 2011, 09:39 PM
anyone have/haveing trouble with their cruise control ,
the cook and i just ducked up to the farm ,for the arvo. to check all is ok with the fires, (frigging firebug if i could find the tosser id shoot him ,)
on the way mr plod got me with a radar 92klm in a 80klm .........funny part is i had the cruise control set at 80klm , i still have factory fitted tyres and have done nothing to the motor ....yet!
i had all my points untill then!!!! bugger.
nowoolies
Paul

the evil twin
6th February 2011, 10:12 PM
What sort of CC do you have ?

Don't know of any issue with any type, factory or Aftermarket that will speed you up to 92 (that equates to about 96 to 99 on the Speedo) if you set it at 80 unless you were inadvertantly on the throttle.

BillsGU
6th February 2011, 10:22 PM
They can over run when cresting a hill. Mine sometimes takes a while to slow back to the set speed.

nowoolies
6th February 2011, 10:33 PM
a factory fitted one but as Bills gu suggests yes i just came over the crest of a hill
still 12klm is a lot over the set speed
dont recall touching the throttle
nowoolies

the evil twin
6th February 2011, 10:49 PM
Fair call Ben and Paul.

I've seen small overspeeds on crests of maybe a couple of K (mine is a manual) but nothing like 5 KPH let alone 15 or so... thats a hell of a lot.

nowoolies
6th February 2011, 10:51 PM
ill see what Nissan have to say in the morning
cheers

philmar
13th February 2011, 07:15 PM
A lot depends on the gradient. If it is quite steep then the CC will be using full throttle perhaps to maintain your speed, which will allow a much greater overrun.
Phil.