PDA

View Full Version : Backed into a light pole :(

Trypt
8th April 2014, 08:56 PM
Ive only had the troll abit over a week and on sunday I backed into a light pole.

slowly getting used to driving a bus!!
its just a tiny bit bigger than the "3 foot long" sierra.

I didn't really think anything of it coz it was rather slow and its just the spare that
nudged the light pole, but this afternoon I noticed it has bent the right hand barn door abit.
nothing major but Im still disappointed in myself!!

Bloodyaussie
8th April 2014, 09:00 PM
Ha ha ha.... I hit a tree on the weekend and stuffed around for a while yesterday fixing it up as best I could... lucky the wheel carrier took the brunt and I had a spare one.

Doors come up on ebay and face ache all the time for pretty cheap

MudRunnerTD
8th April 2014, 09:02 PM
Bugger mate. Depending on the colour it will probably be easiest to find another door and bolt it up.

Trypt
8th April 2014, 09:17 PM
Ive had a quick look for another door, seems the silver/grey isn't all that popular!?

Patrol-Guy
8th April 2014, 09:20 PM
I know how you feel. I had my Patrol about 3 weeks when I backed into the metal sign post outside BCF. The spare took the brunt and no damage but dam I was disappointed in myself too and I have a reversing camera hahahahahaha.

Winnie
8th April 2014, 09:21 PM
I know how you feel. I had my Patrol about 3 weeks when I backed into the metal sign post outside BCF. The spare took the brunt and no damage but dam I was disappointed in myself too and I have a reversing camera hahahahahaha.

No excuse for that then!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Forum Runner

Patrol-Guy
8th April 2014, 09:26 PM
Takes a bit to get used to looking down at the reversing camera instead of watching the mirrors.

Trypt
8th April 2014, 09:32 PM
Takes a bit to get used to looking down at the reversing camera instead of watching the mirrors.

Can agree with that, never remember to look at the screen when driving the loaders at work.

MudRunnerTD
8th April 2014, 09:43 PM
I have a reverse cam built into the rear view mirror. It's Great!

Sir Roofy
8th April 2014, 10:21 PM
Dont feel bad mate i backed into a tree and theres probably more on here
as well but wont admit to it lol

Cuppa
8th April 2014, 10:51 PM
Glad I'm not the only one, I was pretty cheesed off when my I backed into my gate.

We could start a club but we'd be overrun with members, so not much point. No exclusivity!

krbrooking
9th April 2014, 03:22 AM
Yep I have backed into a tree, but unfortunately missed the spare and took out the back step.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Bloodyaussie
9th April 2014, 08:00 AM
When I got back from the Brindabella trip I was so tired I knocked my front fence down.... was so pissed but just left it for 2 days before I removed the section I broke..

Family4x4
9th April 2014, 08:39 AM
Raises hand tree.

TPC
9th April 2014, 08:57 AM
I backed into a tree on Fraser Island last October, could not see it because of sun glare.
Fortunately there was only a little damage to the bumper, never hit either door.