8th April 2014, 06:16 PM
Hi guys
Just want to know how you have mounted an awning
To a arb style rack

Thanks
Ron

Hodge
8th April 2014, 06:18 PM
Mine arrived with 6 bolts and washers included. Drill holes into each pillar fit. Let me know if you need photos.

Oldmate1
8th April 2014, 06:53 PM
Hi hodge
Do you mean the pillar that attaches to the gutter

Hodge
8th April 2014, 07:34 PM
Mine is on the a actual basket pillars. I've green circled it here mate. I have seen a few people install them on the brackets that hold the rack up above the gutters, but getting bolts in there would be a pain.
Also I think there is a U bolt mounting system, instead of drilling into the rack.

BigRAWesty
8th April 2014, 07:49 PM
X2. Pillars on the basket.
Drill holes and bolt up.

Winnie
8th April 2014, 08:00 PM
Shops that fit them just bolt to the two outer pillars, I bolted to all 4 and when the bloke at the shop saw he thought I was mad... Lol

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Forum Runner

MudRunnerTD
8th April 2014, 08:09 PM
Yep I mounted mine the same way. Heads up, I fitted mine close to the bottom of the top rail. Pain in the butt. Leave it low enough that you can still use a hook or rope on the top rail mate. Drives me nuts. Any questions I have a full pictorial of an ARB awning fit up. I really should do a How Too thread.

BigRAWesty
8th April 2014, 08:13 PM
Yep I mounted mine the same way. Heads up, I fitted mine close to the bottom of the top rail. Pain in the butt. Leave it low enough that you can still use a hook or rope on the top rail mate. Drives me nuts. Any questions I have a full pictorial of an ARB awning fit up. I really should do a How Too thread.

You should do a few threads..

Rickie3
9th April 2014, 12:37 PM
I just used U bolts wasnt keen on drilling into a new basket

Oldmate1
9th April 2014, 02:50 PM
hey rickie3
did you just use standard u bolts

Hodge
9th April 2014, 02:52 PM
My ARB rack is getting replaced / warranty issue. So since I've drilled into it for awning and shovel holder, I might use U bolts instead of drilling to the new one.
Rickie any chance you could post apic of what U bolts and how exactly you dont it? Cheers mate.

Rickie3
9th April 2014, 03:08 PM
hey rickie3
did you just use standard u boltsI bought stainless steel u bolts from Bunnings