PDA

View Full Version : Perth Bush Fires

NissanGQ4.2
6th February 2011, 04:20 PM
don't know how close XLR8, RustyNail, n.nankervi, Big Pete... and any others are too the bush fires going on at the moment in Perth, but if your close bye, be safe guys, my thoughts and prayers are with u

Bob
6th February 2011, 04:28 PM
Hard to understand after what we have just had (Floods) but our thoughts are with you guys.
Keep safe

Clunk
6th February 2011, 08:19 PM
there's reports of them being started deliberately, bloody mongrels need stringing up if its true, I really don't understand the mentality of these people.

Finly Owner
6th February 2011, 08:30 PM
Nah just tie them to a tree in line of the fire using barbed wire!

Dark 1
6th February 2011, 10:43 PM
Whats going on in this country at the moment, bloody inland tsnunami's ,floods across qld nsw vic, severe storm events , heatwaves in s.a. & now bush fires in w.a.
What the?

Stay safe everyone.

patch697
6th February 2011, 10:51 PM
I don't know what to say anymore except STAY SAFE my fellow Patrolers & keep you friends & loved ones well informed so thay aren't sick with worry for you.

TheFlyingBadger
6th February 2011, 10:57 PM
there was some stuff on the news before speculating that one of them could have been started by an angle grinder :oops:

the evil twin
6th February 2011, 11:14 PM
Well, I must say that having been an Emergency Services Volly for quite a few years I have seen NOTHING like the last 12 months. :jawdrop:

I mean I was involved in the 2001 and 2002 Sydney Fires and a heap of others since plus Cyclones, Floods, Storms etc but not one after another and especially not all at the same bl00dy time.

Here in lower WA we had Carnarvon and surrounds wiped out by Floods, Cyclone Bianca just ran out of puff before hitting Perth (the first since Cyclone Alby 30 odd years ago) and now a poopoo load of fires and heaps of homes destroyed while 4 Eastern States are under water and Yasi had a good go at wiping out Cardwell and all points from Cairns to Townsville just a few days after Anthony.

I've worn out 3 sets of SES clobber and don't even seem to be able to unpack from one event to the next... can't remember how long ago I did a full week at work. :tease:

PS... for you Qld'rs I luv Cardwell and Hinchinbrook, one of may fav places in Oz. Got relo's at Tully and so very glad Yasi was so sparing of human casualties now to hope that the people involved with Perth Fires are equally as lucky.

Remember we are after everything else, Aussies... so "She'll be right, Mate, your Cobbers are here":icon_victory:

my91gq
6th February 2011, 11:46 PM
well the kelmscott/roley fires were only 10kms-20km from mine but it wasnt to bad still see flames on the hillside atm

Finly Owner
6th February 2011, 11:49 PM
I pray they turn away and burn out soon.

XLR8
7th February 2011, 04:49 AM
Just come in from work and the hills near home are still glowing brightly although it looks more under control than it did early hours yesterday morning. Hopefully the guys still fighting them can get them contained before too many more losses.

And to all the vollys and career guys all around Australia who work so hard to keep us safe and clean up the mess......... :smiley_thumbs_up: Keep up the good work, you're all bloody legends. :bowdown:

AB
7th February 2011, 08:18 AM
Stay safe guys and if anyones near the area and doesn't feel fire ready then just get out early please!!!

Bigrig
7th February 2011, 11:21 AM
I know it's been said already, but what the hell is going on in this great land of ours???? Our thoughts and prayers are with all those in the affected areas - same goes as the floods, no time for heroics - a house can be rebuilt, you can't so stay as safe as possible and all the very best of wishes to you all.

TheFlyingBadger
7th February 2011, 11:21 AM
just spoke to a mate of mine who lives in Roleystone. He reckons the fire started about 400m from his house, but because of the easterly the fire went down the valley (away from his house) rather than up it. They got evacuated, but he sneaked home (the silly old bugger) and has been keeping an eye on the house. He says the fire is currently about 1.5k from his house, but a change in wind direction could still bring it back towards him.

Bigrig
7th February 2011, 11:25 AM
just spoke to a mate of mine who lives in Roleystone. He reckons the fire started about 400m from his house, but because of the easterly the fire went down the valley (away from his house) rather than up it. They got evacuated, but he sneaked home (the silly old bugger) and has been keeping an eye on the house. He says the fire is currently about 1.5k from his house, but a change in wind direction could still bring it back towards him.

They move quick too, so hopefully he doesn't delay if it does swing around ...

AB
7th February 2011, 11:29 AM

That's what hurt our area on Black Saturday....We all thought we were ok by the afternoon but then changed to southerly winds and came through our area like a blow torch.

The wind is the biggest killer on these situations....Hope your mate is ok!!!

RustyNails
7th February 2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the thoughts but thankfully the Rustys are a long way from the fires and are in no threat at all.
It certainly has been a cruel summer for most of OZ and ditto on the thanks to the volunteers, mates helping mates, it's what makes this the best country in the world.

I too have relies in Tully and they were very lucky and escaped uninjured and with no damage to property.

Paul

P.S Forgot to say, feel real sorry for those that have lost homes or who are affected by the fires. I know someone from work who lives close to the fires and is very worried.

Woof
7th February 2011, 09:05 PM
If in doubt, get the hell out................my thoughts are with everyone affected by the bush-fires.............stay safe everyone

Woof
7th February 2011, 09:50 PM
Scary stuff.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs272.snc6/179996_192870367397324_192817427402618_651723_5599 011_n.jpg

Finly Owner
7th February 2011, 09:56 PM
Scary stuff.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/
unbelievable................

Woof
7th February 2011, 09:59 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs080.snc6/169023_192870254064002_192817427402618_651717_3400 854_n.jpg

Finly Owner
7th February 2011, 10:12 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/
Is that close to you?

Woof
7th February 2011, 10:26 PM
No Tim, I live about 90ks away from it, have not even seen the smoke from here.

Finly Owner
7th February 2011, 10:34 PM
I am as scared of wild fires as I am of thunderstorms.

Clunk
7th February 2011, 10:41 PM
If in doubt, get the hell out................my thoughts are with everyone affected by the bush-fires.............stay safe everyone

X2 Doggy and that also goes to everyone over East too.