PDA

View Full Version : Dawes quick questions

Rickie3
3rd April 2014, 06:14 PM
I have the kit and am doing heaps of reading and getting my head around it all, and i'm pretty near set to install, my question is, on my diagram it shows pipe from vacuum pump, is this also know as the vac canister? as my truck has this fitted, just curios as ive seen a lot of install pics where the canister is not present, is there a reason for this, also is it also recommended to fit the EGR blanking at the same time? or after the the installation when everything is set right? look forward to your replies

mudski
3rd April 2014, 06:26 PM
The vacuum canister is the coke can shape useless thing on top of you motor with the vac hose running in and out of it. You won't be needing it after the install. You do need to pickup the line from the vacuum pump though, this line actually run into the vac canister so its right there for you. If you follow the line it comes from the vac pump, into the canister, out of the canister and to the vacuum solenoid. Which you wont be using too when installing the dawes and needle valve. As for the egr plate. Do it now while your at it. 5minute job...
If ya get stuck, send me a pm and I'll shoot you my number and we ca go through it.

Rumcajs
3rd April 2014, 06:52 PM
Vacuum canister was fitted to earlier GUs, from Series 4 onwards it was deleted however Series 4 runs higher vacuum/negative pressure.
Technically it is there to act as accumulator and usually leaks and causes all sort of grief when that happens. Usually can safely be removed.

Cheers

Rickie3
3rd April 2014, 07:26 PM
Cheers Mark that has made it much clearer mate thankyou, I see I have to use the green damper on the vacuum pump line too easy

mudski
3rd April 2014, 07:36 PM
You don't have too. I took mine out and it did nothing. Its just there to reduce vacuum fluctuations I suppose you'd call it. But you got it. Use it....:)