PDA

View Full Version : Gq power windows

Newbiee
2nd April 2014, 07:50 PM
Hey fellas,

My LHF power window is playing funny buggers.

It wont work from the drivers side door panel when i go to put it down, but as soon as i press it from the left hand side door and power the motor i can then continue to putting it down an up from the drivers side door panel.

I can turn the car igniton on an off leave it for 2 hours come back and it works again from the drivers side door panel. If i leave it over night it wont work i need to trigger the window again from the passanger side to make it work.

I hope this makes sense

Cheers

Yendor
3rd April 2014, 03:06 PM
It will more then likely be a problem with dirty contacts in the left hand side electric window switch. I know what you thinking, "How can it be that switch that's causing the problem, It operates the window fine".

When you use the driver side switch, current passes through a set of contacts within the LHS switch to the window motor. If these contact are dirty current will not flow and the window will not work.

When you press the LHS switch a different set of contacts are used within the switch so the window works. The window then starts working from the drivers side switch possible due the heat that has been generated in the contacts or even the contacts now being in a slightly different position.

I'm not sure if the LHS front window switch is the same as the rear doors on the GQ (like it is on the GU). If it is the same as the rear doors try swapping the switches over and see if the problem goes to the rear door.

The switch can be pulled apart and the contacts cleaned.

Newbiee
9th April 2014, 08:20 PM
Yendor thanks for your reply mate i get what your saying! Ill pull the door panel off on the weekend and have a play!!!! Thanks again!

Aeon
19th May 2014, 04:19 PM
Thanks Yendor, i have a near similar problem with my rig. Will check whats happening behind the door panel.

menace 2
19th May 2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks Yendor, i have a near similar problem with my rig. Will check whats happening behind the door panel.

you don't have to pull the door panel off to do that mate....just lift the switch panel out of the arm rest to get to the plugs to change them