PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Rooman and about to buy my first Nissan Patrol

Rooman
6th February 2011, 11:10 AM
I've had a Toyota Sr5 ute since 1996 and have been happy with it since then, now missus and kids want to go camping I'm looking to upgrade to Nissan Patrol GU 7 MY10, with a ZD30DEuro4
engine. i'm still confused as I have read all the posts on faults and problems associated with the engines in Patrols. are the new Patrols okay?? was the faulty engine pre 2006 only??
The Patrol is alot cheaper and I can afford a new one, this should see me thru to retirement in about another 15yrs. So is a big investment. Look I know I'm probably rehashing old news but can someone clarify Patrol motors from 2009 on.:confused

molongmick
6th February 2011, 11:22 AM
Hi Rooman, I too bought a new patrol GU7 MY10, the car iyself is great, I m trying to sort out my high fuel consumption with MrNissan at the moment. They will be looking into it in the next couple of weeks (booked in for its 10k service soon).
They are a good truck and you will be happy with it.

Dhuck
6th February 2011, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Someone will be along soon that can help with your confusion.

YNOT
6th February 2011, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the forum Rooman.
The problem engines (ZD30 DI) were in series 1 and 2-pre 2003. 2003 to start of CRD were better but still some reports of problems. CRD motor is very reliable but as above some reports of high fuel consumption.
I recommend fitting boost and exhaust gas temperature gauges to any turbo diesel.

Tony

patch697
6th February 2011, 11:53 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

DX grunt
6th February 2011, 11:58 AM
G'day Rooman. Welcome aboard. Where abouts in OZ do you live? Have fun on here and keep asking questions.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Rooman
6th February 2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Rooman, I too bought a new patrol GU7 MY10, the car iyself is great, I m trying to sort out my high fuel consumption with MrNissan at the moment. They will be looking into it in the next couple of weeks (booked in for its 10k service soon).
They are a good truck and you will be happy with it.

Champion, thanks fellas you have just cleared it all for me. Will be buying one as soon as Minister of finances has sorted things out.:beer:

Rooman
6th February 2011, 12:02 PM
Live in Sunny Albany, but work away up north

Rooman
6th February 2011, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Rooman.
The problem engines (ZD30 DI) were in series 1 and 2-pre 2003. 2003 to start of CRD were better but still some reports of problems. CRD motor is very reliable but as above some reports of high fuel consumption.
I recommend fitting boost and exhaust gas temperature gauges to any turbo diesel.

Tony will that void any warranty on new vehicle?

DX grunt
6th February 2011, 12:04 PM
Live in Sunny Albany, but work away up north

Great to hear. I'm about 160k's by road from you at Gnowangerup, in the Stirling Ranges. I'm here for another couple of years so I'd be happy to cat up with you for a chat sometime.

Ross

Sunny.....I wore my beanie, thermals and a jumper last night at work!!!

Bigrig
6th February 2011, 12:08 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard. You'll not regret the upgrade to a patrol mate!!!

Clunk
6th February 2011, 12:12 PM
Hi Rooman, to the forum mate and enjoy the 'trol once you've got it

YNOT
6th February 2011, 12:19 PM
will that void any warranty on new vehicle?

No, they don't affect vehicle performance in any way, just used for monitering the engine.

Tony

nowoolies
6th February 2011, 12:19 PM
g`day rooman hop into the forum and have some fun
absolutly heaps to do here and as i have found out
typed my fingers just about off lol
nowoolies
Paul

NissanGQ4.2
6th February 2011, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Rooman,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

AB
6th February 2011, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Rooman, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Finly Owner
6th February 2011, 10:42 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Rooman

Tim

Woof
7th February 2011, 05:41 PM
Welcome Rooman, enjoy the forum mate

Sir Roofy
7th February 2011, 06:54 PM
Welcome aboard rooman ,wise choice in vehicle for the family

wildgu6
8th February 2011, 11:33 PM
Hey Buddy, Welcome aboard,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Bob
9th February 2011, 10:39 AM
Welcome Rooman Great mob of guys & gals on this site who are always willing to help. Join in and enjoy

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 12:52 PM
G'Day and Welcome to the forum Rooman