PDA

View Full Version : Post recall issue

NewDan
29th March 2014, 10:15 PM
Hey all,

Mine was one of the Patrols where the accelerator pedal problems were very evident, accelerator going limp then engine cutting out while coasting to a stop.

I had the recall done around a couple of months ago with no problems at all....... that is until today, same problem, accelerator pedal goes limp then while coasting to stop the engine cuts out. Always restarts though.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the issue come back after the recall was done.

Clunk
29th March 2014, 10:31 PM
no because I have 2 GQ's.......... but I reckon you should take it right back to Nissan and get them to sort it

MEGOMONSTER
29th March 2014, 10:46 PM
I've had mine done for a month now but I haven't had that problem yet.

NewDan
30th March 2014, 12:00 PM
Hey Guys thanks for that, I'll call Nissan on Monday but im guessing they will dis-own the problem saying they have already done the recall and its now my problem. Ive heard they can be hard to deal with when it comes to intermittent faults.
Dan

threedogs
30th March 2014, 12:03 PM
their PR skills could do with some polishing

Hodge
30th March 2014, 12:32 PM
Take it back mate. Mine played up a week after recall job. Took it back and they fixed it a day later no questions asker. From memory they replaced the unit again. This was... Many months ago and no issue since.

NewDan
31st March 2014, 12:05 AM
Many thanks guys, I suppose its important to know it can still happen so to keep an eye on it. Ill let you know how I go with Nissan
Dan

Coldcomfort
31st March 2014, 10:41 AM
Mine was one of the first here (I think) to be done. I reckon that its 80% fixed. I say that because a couple of times now I have noticed a difference in the pedal position. Only short drives each time and the next start all was back to normal. So I reckon that Nissan still has some issues...

NewDan
1st April 2014, 11:19 AM
Local Nissan dealer has booked it in for Next Monday to have another look, funny thing is as part of the conversation service department asked me to describe what was happening, when I got to the part that the engine cuts out she said "It shouldn't do that" I said but that's exactly what is described in the recall. The response was " Oh in that case Ill book it in"
Dan

threedogs
1st April 2014, 12:07 PM
get it all in writing, dates times work done etc ,seen it here too many times
Hope you get it sorted,
Mine being a DiD I've just fitted an ECU-talk that monitors TPS voltage etc.
might pay to purchase the correct consult protocol device to suit the CRD,
you can then clear any errors instead of going to Nissan all the time

DIL380
1st April 2014, 06:46 PM
Had mine done about a month ago at the 1000km service & had no probs so fingers crossed

NewDan
7th April 2014, 01:03 PM
Just got back from Nissan. they are telling me the accelerator tests ok but showing fault codes P0093-Fuel leak and P1089 Fuel pump. Dam... hoping its not a new fuel pump I'm up for. But at $143/hour I wasn't going to get them to do anymore testing . Think Ill find another mechanic in tis area and get them to chase the fault.
Dan

Dave_H
7th April 2014, 03:20 PM
$143 an hour, is that a typo ???

NewDan
8th April 2014, 10:03 AM
No mate not a typo, that's what they were charging me

Dave_H
17th July 2014, 07:18 AM
That seems very excessive, definitley in the wrong job hahaha.

I contacted my Nissan dealership last week and looks like mine will be booked in next week to have it replaced although i have'nt seemed to have any problems
Up to this point that i know of but i may as well get it done anyway.

Dave_H
4th August 2014, 01:19 AM
Just an update. I have now had the replacement pedal in for 2 weeks and i filled it up full the day i got it back and i'm in a bit of shock.
380kms out of half a tank around town 11.84lt per 100 which is kind of unbelievable as it use to be around 15/16 and the best i have had
Is 12.8 on the highway.

So i'm a little stumped why this would be any different just from replacing the pedal?
Anyone have any insight into this.