PDA

View Full Version : oil and water line fittings for turbo What to ask for?

89gqpatrol4x4
29th March 2014, 05:29 PM
Hi guys, I am beginning gathering the parts together to fit up a standard gu turbo to my Q. My question is can someone tell me what to ask for when I go and get the fittings for the oil and water lines. e.g the T piece for the water inlet what thread what size etc? I am try to avoid looking like a complete goose. LOL. The oil feed line what sort of fitting do I need to fit into the block? same with water return at the back of engine? I am going to fit similar to AB's . Also will the old exhaust manifold studs be ok to reuse?

Thanks Rob

Is there anyone that does oil and water line kits? or can someone recommend a company in Brisbane /Ipswich who will know what I want?

AB
29th March 2014, 06:08 PM
My studs were fine to use again. Give it a good spray the night before.

I can't remember exact sizing, did my thread mention sizes at all?

I got lucky and stole rosscos safari turbo lines as he was doing the conversion and not finished at the time.

Did you get the bung out on the lhs engine mount for the oil feed?

If you can't find exact sizes from here you could take oil bung out, oil will be fine, dump coolant by taking the bung out and take off bolt near thermostat housing.

Measure your lengths needed for the braided lines and just dump it all at pirtek for them to do it mate...lol

Hopefully someone can help with exact sizes though. Have a good search on here too bud as I know the answers are here somewhere, read it a few times, just got a lousy memory!!!

89gqpatrol4x4
29th March 2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks mate, have just read your thread and it will be a great help! Havent taken anything out yet as I am trying to get it all together then hit it at easter.

AB
29th March 2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks mate, have just read your thread and it will be a great help! Havent taken anything out yet as I am trying to get it all together then hit it at easter.

Give that oil feed bung a decent soak first over night and carefully see if you can crack it first.

I got all of my lines done and the bung was seized and had to go back and get new line around the other side to the oil sender which was a pita!

Definitely try and get that bung cracked first mate.

nissannewby
29th March 2014, 06:46 PM
Check the kinugawa site mate I think they do a hose kit. Other wise I have some info that might help if you wanted to send me a text and I will track it down.

Ice-Patrol
10th April 2014, 09:03 PM
Here is something you could use, got it sent from AXT when doing my turbo conversion.

Ice-Patrol
10th April 2014, 09:05 PM
Maybe i should upload this to the forum directly, could help someone else.