PDA

View Full Version : More about me

molongmick
5th February 2011, 10:45 PM
Hi there, it has been great on here and I thought I might post up some more info on me and my life.

I am approaching to big four O this year and have done a lot of travelling in my time on this wonderful planet.

I started my life in a small coastal town called Woonona in New South Wales just north of Wollongong. This is where I did most of my growing up. My main hobbies at that time was bushwalking, fishing, camping, cycling and going to the beach. I went to school at Woonona then to uni at Wollongong University. This is where I completed my Bachelor of Education degree.

After completing my degree I worked around the Southern Highland for just over a year, where I met my wife, no not teaching, but on the filmset to the movie “Babe”. We got married not long after.

About three months after being married I was offered a teaching job in the Northern Territory at Tennant Creek Primary School. We spent 14 months in the N.T. Unfortunately we did not see the big attractions while there as we thought we might have more time. We did manage to see a lot of the more unknown local sights due to local knowledge.

After our time in T.C. we ended up at Walgett. We were there for just over three years. Walgett was where I first had a taste of the patrols. I bought a G60 patrol from a local bloke who used it as a tow vehicle. I used it as a run around and hunting vehicle. Due to money restraints it was sold to a fellow enthusiast for the same price I had paid for it. Our main form of transport was a Rav4. It was a reliable little thing, but it was not a patrol.

After doing my stint as a ‘School Of The Air’ teacher in Walgett I ended up in Millthorpe, Central NSW, near Bathurst/Orange. I went through a Jackaroo and Bravo before getting a 2.8l patrol. I don’t think that patrol liked me. We replaced several major components before I bit the bullet and traded it in on a Rodeo.

We then moved to our current location here in Molong. Late last year is when we decided it was time to bite the bullet and buy a new Patrol.

We now have our Patrol, Jayco Eagle Outback camper, Hyundai excel (wifes car) and a several pushbikes.

So that is my life in a nutshell, I hope to hear about some of yours.

Bigrig
6th February 2011, 10:16 AM
Hi there, it has been great on here and I thought I might post up some more info on me and my life.

I am approaching to big four O this year and have done a lot of travelling in my time on this wonderful planet.

I started my life in a small coastal town called Woonona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woonona,_New_South_Wales)in New South Wales just north of Wollongong. This is where I did most of my growing up. My main hobbies at that time was bushwalking, fishing, camping, cycling and going to the beach. I went to school at Woonona then to uni at Wollongong University. This is where I completed my Bachelor of Education degree.

After completing my degree I worked around the Southern Highland for just over a year, where I met my wife, no not teaching, but on the filmset to the movie “Babe”. We got married not long after.

About three months after being married I was offered a teaching job in the Northern Territory at Tennant Creek Primary School. We spent 14 months in the N.T. Unfortunately we did not see the big attractions while there as we thought we might have more time. We did manage to see a lot of the more unknown local sights due to local knowledge.

After our time in T.C. we ended up at Walgett. We were there for just over three years. Walgett was where I first had a taste of the patrols. I bought a G60 patrol from a local bloke who used it as a tow vehicle. I used it as a run around and hunting vehicle. Due to money restraints it was sold to a fellow enthusiast for the same price I had paid for it. Our main form of transport was a Rav4. It was a reliable little thing, but it was not a patrol.

After doing my stint as a ‘School Of The Air’ teacher in Walgett I ended up in Millthorpe, Central NSW, near Bathurst/Orange. I went through a Jackaroo and Bravo before getting a 2.8l patrol. I don’t think that patrol liked me. We replaced several major components before I bit the bullet and traded it in on a Rodeo.

We then moved to our current location here in Molong. Late last year is when we decided it was time to bite the bullet and buy a new Patrol.

We now have our Patrol, Jayco Eagle Outback camper, Hyundai excel (wifes car) and a several pushbikes.

So that is my life in a nutshell, I hope to hear about some of yours.

:animierte-smilies-t

Mate, thanks for being so involved as to give us some background (any chance of getting your bank account details also?? LOL!!). Always easy to lose sight of the fact that the callsigns/alias' on the other end of a long cable (Internet) are actually real people, so the background assists in making it somewhat less impersonal - well done. Having met 5 members thus far, and intending to catch up with Cadbury (Tim) this week, I can certainly say the people are not only real, but a dead set top bunch of genuine individuals who have a common interest in enjoying this land of ours in whatever capacity. Look forward to catching up with you and many more over the coming months and years!!!!

That said, my background is better kept for campfire stories!! lol

Bob
6th February 2011, 10:31 AM
Great Precis of your Life. I would not stress about approaching the big 40 as it is not much different to 39. LOL.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am 69 and would take about 3/4 Pages to tell my story but maybe I will get around to cutting out the boring parts and post 1/2 a Page (Just Joking) Have a good day

Bigrig
6th February 2011, 10:36 AM
Great Precis of your Life. I would not stress about approaching the big 40 as it is not much different to 39. LOL.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am 69 and would take about 3/4 Pages to tell my story but maybe I will get around to cutting out the boring parts and post 1/2 a Page (Just Joking) Have a good day

69 and only 3/4 of a page? C'mon Bob, be honest ... I'm sure you've been around the traps and if you put fingers to keyboard, there'd be a few crackers in there that would take more than 3/4 of a page!!! LOL!!!

MQ MAD
6th February 2011, 10:59 AM
Welcome aboard,
Molongmick
Dont be scared of the Big 40
As long as your happy in life age has no matter

Bigrig,
Life stories around a camp fire hey ???
I bet the stories get taller and taller as the night progresses ???

Finly Owner
6th February 2011, 11:45 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 12:53 PM
G'Day and Welcome to the forum mate....great intro

molongmick
4th March 2012, 09:44 AM
NOw we are a proud owner of a JAYCO EXPANDA 17.56 outback

Maxhead
4th March 2012, 09:52 AM

How's the big grin mate, I bet you cant get rid of it yet. We lived i n our van for a week when we first got her...lol

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2012, 09:55 AM

Nice one Mick, I'm jealous, I just want a camping trailer and can't afford that at the moment!

Any Pics???

GUtsy ute
4th March 2012, 09:55 AM
Sounds good Mick,

Any chance of a few pics of the new van?

Cheers Gavin.

growler2058
4th March 2012, 02:38 PM
Good to see ya back Mick

molongmick
4th March 2012, 06:41 PM
I've been hanging around, just very quiet.:1092: