PDA

View Full Version : What brand of DMF will my Trol have?

Barrbeast
28th March 2014, 08:49 PM
Hi folks

Started getting signs that the bloody DMF is on it's way out (rattle on hot startup and idle has dipped a bit) so have been looking for a solid flywheel replacement, which aint that easy in the UK! :(

Found one company that supplies the full clutch kit but they're slightly expensive (although that is with a HD clutch) and so have been lookin at getting a kit sent from Aus (it's a different kit but works out ~ £600 cheaper so there must be a hell of a right up on the UK suppliers offering!).

Problem is I need to know whether my Trol has the Exedy DMF or the LUK DMF as the crank bolts are different lengths...

My Trol was registered late 2004 but is a pre-facelift model which I think makes it the Exedy DMF as my understanding is that it was the later post-facelift models had the LUK DMF.

Anyone know how I can tell for sure? (without actually looking at the DMF)

Cheers

Rob

MudRunnerTD
28th March 2014, 10:10 PM
Sorry I don't know the answer mate but you have a Series 3 Y61 Patrol if that helps you at all.

Good luck mate.

mudski
28th March 2014, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't think it would be cheaper to ship a kit from OZ. The 4 terrain kit that has solid flywheel and clutch kit is insanely heavy.

Rumcajs
28th March 2014, 10:48 PM
Why don't you go to Nissan parts and quote VIN of your Patrol than get them to give you replacement Nissan OEM part number. Aftermarket supplier should be able to than match the correct kit.

Cheers

Barrbeast
29th March 2014, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't think it would be cheaper to ship a kit from OZ. The 4 terrain kit that has solid flywheel and clutch kit is insanely heavy.

You'd have thought that but I'm around £1300 (~ $2,339.13) to get it from the UK supplier, not including fitting and postage. OZ supplier for the Exedy Sports Tuff kit is around £690 (~ $1,241.31) including shipping, though there could be customs duty on top of that but should still be a saving...

Barrbeast
29th March 2014, 01:26 AM
Why don't you go to Nissan parts and quote VIN of your Patrol than get them to give you replacement Nissan OEM part number. Aftermarket supplier should be able to than match the correct kit.

Cheers

Of course! Didn't think about that, cheers bud :)

Robo
29th March 2014, 11:24 AM
Why not check your vin against nissan fast.
you can download it on this site
work out which bolts you have a see if ya can work out with the AU suplier which kit you need going by the bolts.

surely they know which kit has the long or short bolts your talking about.

Barrbeast
29th March 2014, 08:02 PM
I've got a copy of the Exedy technical note with the kit numbers for the different bolt sizes, just need to work out when the car was built!

Looks like the flywheel change to LUK was from August 2004 which could make my Trol an LUK one, but... my date of registration is September 2004 and I thought that the facelift models were around by that point so I wonder if my truck hung about in the dealer network for a while before being registered.

Thats a great idea using Nissan Fast, anyone got a link as the one in the thread in downloads had expired when I tried it :(

Robo
30th March 2014, 10:26 AM
Sorry ya need +25 post to down load manuals, part of forum rules.

Barrbeast
30th March 2014, 10:54 AM
Cheers Robo, wondered if it was to do with that.

Barrbeast
7th April 2014, 11:36 PM
Well guys just a quick update, called up the local Nissan Parts Dept and got them to run my VIN - my suspicions were correct, the Trol has a June 2004 build date so she did hang around the dealer network for a bit before being registered. That date means she definitely has the Exedy flywheel :)

Time to get the solid conversion kit ordered!

93patrol
8th April 2014, 07:51 AM
good to see it all worked out in the wash mate