PDA

View Full Version : GQ Body lift

Redman
27th March 2014, 06:38 AM
Hey guys,
just need to know if I need to drop the fuel tank to do a body lift on the GQ?? having trouble getting a work shop manual with a procedure for bodymount replacement, any help would be thanked greatly.

Winnie
27th March 2014, 06:41 AM
Nah mate why would you? Don't have to touch it.

threedogs
27th March 2014, 09:27 AM
X2 with Winnie the fuel tank is mounted to the chassis not the body

BigRAWesty
27th March 2014, 09:48 AM
How high are you going??

Dhuck
27th March 2014, 08:33 PM
He is not wanting to put a body lift in. He has removed it and trying to put in a long range tank. Lol. This dude is my brother and what I have not taught him he has learned himself.

Redman
27th March 2014, 08:42 PM

I'm taking a 50ml lift out of a truck i bought last year, having not been the one to install it, I'm seeking some advise on taking it out.
I'm having a bit of trouble with the two mounts just in front of the fuel tank next to the upper control arms located either side of centre - about 3-400mm apart.
See the picture attached, probably easier to see what I mean when you're looking at it. The picture is looking towards the fuel tank (front to back).

What I'm wondering is, if there is a bolt through it all the way through from top to bottom?? or they just sitting in there? ive had a look now at a mounting diagram from a manual it makes no mention of them.

Im doing this with out the use of a hoist, i have the tank out now so ill loosen all the body mounts, block it up in the tank well and jack it up see what happens. any suggestions would be welcome though, cheers

BigRAWesty
27th March 2014, 08:49 PM
Haha.
Wasn't till I was under mine did I see these mounts. I didn't block mine up when I lifted it..

Mine wasn't bolted threw but they may have with yours to hold those blocks in..

Pull up the carpet and have a look I'd say..

MudRunnerTD
27th March 2014, 08:49 PM

I'm taking a 50ml lift out of a truck i bought last year, having not been the one to install it, I'm seeking some advise on taking it out.
I'm having a bit of trouble with the two mounts just in front of the fuel tank next to the upper control arms located either side of centre - about 3-400mm apart.
See the picture attached, probably easier to see what I mean when you're looking at it. The picture is looking towards the fuel tank (front to back).

What I'm wondering is, if there is a bolt through it all the way through from top to bottom??

No mate there is no fixing there. They are just for extra support for the cargo area. Just drop it down onto those mounts.

MudRunnerTD
27th March 2014, 08:52 PM
Sorry on a mobile device and did not see the blocks they have installed there. When I did mine I actually used a length of wood there lol! I screwed mine in from above through the floor. As Westy's said, roll back the carpet and you will probably find a fixing. Nissan does not put a fixing there though.

Redman
28th March 2014, 07:45 AM
Thanks guys, can't see any fixing under the carpet, so hopefully there just sitting in there, yea I tell you it got me I pulled the blocks out a week or two back and was just going to fit some stuff in the back when I pulled back the carpet there a 50mm hump in the back lol

ill have a crack today and let ya know how it goes, cheers again

liftlid
28th March 2014, 08:41 AM
Leave the original block there or the floor will start to crack

BigRAWesty
28th March 2014, 09:09 AM
They may be internal thread and bolt from underside..
But you should be right to lift a little and knock em out.
They'll either move or not..

Parksy
28th March 2014, 09:16 AM
Appologise for thread hijack, but with those supports under the cargo area, should they be touching the body as mine has about a half inch gap between the mount and body. Don't have a body lift.

BigRAWesty
28th March 2014, 10:02 AM
Appologise for thread hijack, but with those supports under the cargo area, should they be touching the body as mine has about a half inch gap between the mount and body. Don't have a body lift.

I'd say yes.
You've put new mounts in thou haven't you, so the 2 in question have probably compressed with the old mounts.

Have not seen em for sale though..
Might make some uhmw ones as I'm guessing mine will be the same..

MudRunnerTD
28th March 2014, 10:56 AM
I bet those blocks have been glued in with Sikaflex or something. If there is no fixing from above than thats the only way. They are only there as bearing points should you put a load in the back and the rest of the time basically just Rub under the floor. I know plenty of folks that had nothing there, i have a length of timber as i said as its not structural but needs to bear load only.

If you cant see a fixing then expect them to be glued i reckon.

BigRAWesty
28th March 2014, 12:35 PM
I bet those blocks have been glued in with Sikaflex or something. If there is no fixing from above than thats the only way. They are only there as bearing points should you put a load in the back and the rest of the time basically just Rub under the floor. I know plenty of folks that had nothing there, i have a length of timber as i said as its not structural but needs to bear load only.

If you cant see a fixing then expect them to be glued i reckon.

My draws are in full time now so me thinks I won't bother with then..

liftlid
31st March 2014, 06:57 PM
My draws are in full time now so me thinks I won't bother with then..

Blocks are accessed from under the car so you don't need to remove draws, just noticed one of mine has fallen out.

BigRAWesty
31st March 2014, 07:17 PM
Blocks are accessed from under the car so you don't need to remove draws, just noticed one of mine has fallen out.

Yea I ment my draws spread the load so I'm not gunna worry about the blocks..