PDA

View Full Version : Beaudesert exhaust need to tune ?..

Battleready76
26th March 2014, 10:43 PM
Hi guys looking at fitting a Beaudesert 2.75in to my 2013 st patrol plus only got 1500 km on the clock do you need to tune/chip them or can you just bolt them on and your away,,,, any issues with over boosting or other issues
as I'm a enduro nut and new to this forum and not much of a car mechanic but bikes well that's a different story ;-)
Will also look at catch can boost/egt gauges but I'm not sure how my new car warranty will hold up with these mods any advice will be much appreciated

kevin07
26th March 2014, 11:09 PM
exhaust should bolt straight should not have any warranty issues wont need a tune, provent 200 is the best catch can on the market no warranty issues definitely need the boost and egt gauges im certain they will void your warranty if they possibly can with a chip/power module, then you can block the egr but if you do that buy a scangauge to clear fault codes,kev. ps hello and welcome to the forum mate and could you go to the introduction section and say hello its just something that's asked of everyone

Yendor
26th March 2014, 11:17 PM
I've just installed one in my vehicle and I've had no problems with over boosting.

I would recommend getting a ScanGauge or boost gauge fitted so you can see what's happening.

Battleready76
26th March 2014, 11:28 PM
Easy as didn't know

Battleready76
26th March 2014, 11:37 PM
Well I guess I'm sold yea was just a bit concerned with the exhaust as I know on my ktm 690 r when you pipe a bike dyno is always a given
These scan gauges what exactly do they do and tell you,, might need to look em up on the net but boost egt gauge is a given

threedogs
27th March 2014, 06:57 AM
You'll need a pillar pod to house your gauges

Maxhead
27th March 2014, 07:21 AM
When you order your exhaust make sure it has the bung welded into the dump pipe for your EGT gauge.It will save you drilling and welding later on.
Get your gauge at the same time.

The EGT will tell you your exhaust temps past the turbo, that way you can keep an eye on your temps.

happygu
27th March 2014, 07:28 AM
My Beaudesert Exhaust came with the bung already installed - even after I realized in the excitement of ordering it, I forgot to specify it....

It must be standard for them.

Mic

my third 256
27th March 2014, 07:35 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Hodge
27th March 2014, 08:52 AM
Bung in their exhausts is standard I've ordered 3 so far. Good people to deal with.
I should mention that when my exhaust was fitted car definitely overboosted.

Maxhead
27th March 2014, 09:42 AM
I think I had to specify if I wanted the bung in mine but this was a while ago.
What would happen if you had the bung but not the probe fitted, wouldn't there be a hole or are they closed of??

happygu
27th March 2014, 10:29 AM
Kris,

They are blanked off with a bolt ... ready to insert the probe at a later date...

dads tractor
27th March 2014, 11:40 AM
2hrs and 2 stubby fitting time great product and well made.

kevin07
28th March 2014, 07:41 AM
My Beaudesert Exhaust came with the bung already installed - even after I realized in the excitement of ordering it, I forgot to specify it....

It must be standard for them.

Mic
yes beudesert the bung is standard

ben ren
29th March 2014, 12:36 PM
The bung is bsp.So I needed to tap the plug to npt for my autron egt probe

Yendor
29th March 2014, 01:26 PM
The bung is bsp.So I needed to tap the plug to npt for my autron egt probe

Yep it's a strange size I had to buy a reducer for mine.

ben ren
29th March 2014, 08:22 PM
I was worried it wouldn't read as accurate as there's only approx 20mm penetration into the dump pipe but it seems fine

Yendor
29th March 2014, 09:38 PM
I was worried it wouldn't read as accurate as there's only approx 20mm penetration into the dump pipe but it seems fine

I hoping it makes the gauge read higher.... LOL

My CRD readings are so much higher then my DI was.