PDA

View Full Version : Bubbling Dash

Kelly-Maree
26th March 2014, 09:34 AM
Hi there, I have a 07 Nissan Patrol Wagon that I purchased in 2012 second hand from a car dealership and Nissan are telling me they cannot fix this problem because its over 6 years old and done over 60,000km... how can I get this fixed without having to pay for it myself? Not even my insurance will cover it because they class it as wear & tear of the vehicle??? I believe that its a fault in the manufacturing side of things. Not my problem!?

I hope somebody can please help me.
Thanks,
Kelly.

threedogs
26th March 2014, 10:09 AM
Get it fixed under warranty from the car yard you brought it off

Kelly-Maree
26th March 2014, 11:35 AM
I have just been in contact with the car yard again and they have advised me that there was no extra warranty on the vehicle? I thought every used car came with a car yard warranty? :(

Sooo confused and frustrated

BigRAWesty
26th March 2014, 11:48 AM
I have just been in contact with the car yard again and they have advised me that there was no extra warranty on the vehicle? I thought every used car came with a car yard warranty? :(

Sooo confused and frustrated

3-6 months depending on yard. It's aus law.

liftlid
26th March 2014, 11:59 AM
Check your contract of sale it should have what warranty you have, then go to the vact ( body that licences car traders) for their advice. You might have to prove it wasn't there when you purchased the car though.

threedogs
26th March 2014, 12:20 PM
There is a bit written about this and all contact details, including a lovely lady from Nissan head Office
Have a search and see what you come up with

NewDan
1st April 2014, 11:24 AM
Check the date of first registration. I just got off the phone to my local Nissan dealer, as soon at I mentioned I had the issue I was told its 6 years from the date of first registration not manufacture. With an 07 you might just be lucky. Mine is an 07 but was first registered in October 08 so was told there will be no problem.
Dan

v8 performances
2nd April 2014, 10:47 PM
Mine is an 08 model would mine get warranty i wonder.

TPC
2nd April 2014, 10:50 PM
Mine is an 08 model would mine get warranty i wonder.
The warranty runs for 6 years so as long as it was first registered later than early April 08 you should be ok.

happygu
2nd April 2014, 10:53 PM
A friend of mine just bought an 05 model, and his has the bubbling dash syndrome ... I never knew it could look that bad ...

Nissan can't be responsible forever though, so he (and the previous owner) has missed the grace warranty period..... yours is pretty close though, so keep asking

Mic