PDA

View Full Version : Is this motor any good

kevin07
24th March 2014, 10:00 AM
ive got a 96 model with a td42 is this motor ok for putting a turbo on it it wont be wild about 12 psi with a intercooler or is this motor not strong enough

happygu
24th March 2014, 10:32 AM
The TD42 is definitely strong enough for that sort of upgrade Kevin ....

Mic

Winnie
24th March 2014, 11:02 AM
ive got a 96 model with a td42 is this motor ok for putting a turbo on it it wont be wild about 12 psi with a intercooler or is this motor not strong enough

If the motor is in good condition it will love you for it.

threedogs
24th March 2014, 01:47 PM
I'd do a compression test and go from there, remember Berrimah diesel turboed a GQ that had 500K on the clock.
just to prove if the engine was in good nick it could handle the extra induction its their daily /show car

kevin07
24th March 2014, 02:04 PM
motor has 228k on it I cant start it the car its in goes to salvage auction tomorrow but I would say its a goer as its been in an accident and is a write off its just ive read a little about these and they reckon after 95 the motor is not as good non turbo that is

threedogs
24th March 2014, 02:08 PM
from what we read every day here it seems it is near on impossible to abuse these motors,
If your heart says yes then go for it Kev , after all you are there

nissannewby
24th March 2014, 02:41 PM
motor has 228k on it I cant start it the car its in goes to salvage auction tomorrow but I would say its a goer as its been in an accident and is a write off its just ive read a little about these and they reckon after 95 the motor is not as good non turbo that is

Your reading into it to much. A very smart man has responded to your question on the other forum. It will handle what you want fine mate everyday of the week. There is also a member on here running 30psi through a post 93 (which is when the changes occurred) with no issues at all.

kevin07
24th March 2014, 08:41 PM
Your reading into it to much. A very smart man has responded to your question on the other forum. It will handle what you want fine mate everyday of the week. There is also a member on here running 30psi through a post 93 (which is when the changes occurred) with no issues at all.

thankyou happy and ready to buy and do MY BROTHERS GQ