PDA

View Full Version : Good morning, just out taking our 02 Patrol for a walk around Australia.

sugar
23rd March 2014, 01:01 PM
Like I said, we are just taking our Patrol for a little walk. we are wondering what sort of spares we should be taking with us? Fuel,air and oil filters are obvious. Top and bottom hoses come to mind. Is there anything else we should take with us. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to big trips in 4x4's. We have had the beast for about 5 years. It hasn't given us an ounce of trouble. I couldn't believe the power when I first climbed in. My missus thinks she is behind the wheel of a rallie car when she drives it. Shen wanted to buy it because she liked the colour. Mind you, it is a nice colour. :clapping:

Dhuck
23rd March 2014, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
23rd March 2014, 01:10 PM
Hi Sugar and welcome to the forum. jump in anytime and enjoy
Post your question up in the correct section and you'll get a better response as well.
Also have a search as there should be heaps of answers on this topic.
Wow the big lap lucky bugger

growler2058
23rd March 2014, 01:56 PM
Gday sugar? Welcome aboard mate

happygu
23rd March 2014, 02:03 PM
Welcome Sugar,

Have fun on your big lap too.

I would suggest taking a new belt tensioner, and spare belt, as well as a set of rear wheel studs and nuts, as these seem to be amongst the most common problems...

Mic

MEGOMONSTER
23rd March 2014, 04:05 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

the evil twin
23rd March 2014, 06:04 PM
Like I said, we are just taking our Patrol for a little walk. we are wondering what sort of spares we should be taking with us? Fuel,air and oil filters are obvious. Top and bottom hoses come to mind. Is there anything else we should take with us. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to big trips in 4x4's. We have had the beast for about 5 years. It hasn't given us an ounce of trouble. I couldn't believe the power when I first climbed in. My missus thinks she is behind the wheel of a rallie car when she drives it. Shen wanted to buy it because she liked the colour. Mind you, it is a nice colour. :clapping:

What engine do you have?
TD42, ZD30 or petrol?
That will have a large bearing on what bits you may find handy

HV2002
24th March 2014, 11:12 AM
Welcome mate, this is a grate forum heaps of info and friendly people willing to help you out. would love to see some pics of your setup and updates of the trip.

Sherro
24th March 2014, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the forum sugar hope you enjoy the lap.

Stropp
24th March 2014, 12:17 PM
welcome along mate, post plenty of pics of your travels please.

rkinsey
24th March 2014, 12:29 PM
Welcome Sugar.

There are a few essentials you should have, especially if you are travelling in remote areas.

1. Complete filter kit. Air, Fuel and Oil.
2. Hoses and clamps including heater hoses.
3. Roll of brake line and fuel line hose with appropriate size clamps.
4. Fan Belts and tensioner kit.
5. Spare nuts, bolts and screws
6. Duct tape (Large roll) always have a roll or two of 100 mile an hour tape!
7. Roll of fencing wire at least 2 or 3mm guage
8. Set of brake pads
9. Fluids - Engine Oil, Brake and Clutch (same thing) Transmision and Diff oil (Normally the same thing) Coolant and Fuel.
10. Tyre repair kit (and the knowledge of how to use it) including compressor.
11. If a petrol motor, spark plugs and leads.

Cheers,

Rob

DX grunt
24th March 2014, 02:56 PM
G'day Sugar and welcome to the forum.

Here's a list that was supplied by a valued member of the Western Patrol Club, over here in WA.

It's not exhaustive, but will give you a starting point. lol.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17709-The-mother-of-all-camping-lists

When you're over in WA, give me a call, I live off the beaten track a bit, but it's such a nice area.

Take care out there.

Rossco