PDA

View Full Version : Spill Rail leak

zombiemoo
22nd March 2014, 07:56 PM
Evening everyone, Part of the injector spill rail tube has broken off at the injector (the one closest to the radiator), is it OK to block it off temporarily until I can get a new one. Cheers.

MudRunnerTD
22nd March 2014, 09:45 PM
Can you use some fuel hose to connect it back together mate? Is it just cracked or broken and lost? Got any pics mate?

zombiemoo
23rd March 2014, 10:39 AM
Gday MudRunner thanks for replying, it has snapped flush where it joins the ring part that goes over the injector. So there is no room to put some hose on. I've tried KNEAD IT and silicon but it still leaks. It is real hard to get to without removing the whole part which I was trying to avoid until I can get one new one.42228

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2014, 10:47 AM
Is the Kneadit slowing it down mate? Something like that or Quick-Steal would be the go. Lots of it. dont try and make a nice little strap around it. Make a good size quantity and clean it all up, dry it if you can and cover the whole thing with it mate. Let is go well hard and it should do ok.

I used it to repair a fuel tank that was full f fuel that a Hook had punched a hole in. Used a finger in the hole to limit the loss of fuel until the Quik-Steal was ready. Big hole! Did great.