PDA

View Full Version : Going to explore the glasshouse solo

tiny
22nd March 2014, 04:35 PM
Hi all, finished working out the bugs in the gq. Have recovery gear and New winch on 35 MUDs. Taking the wife and don't want to put her off wheeling by going nuts. Actually don't want to stress out solo. Question is I've explored from caloundra race course to about 20 k's down. Some tricky, a lot overgrown and unused/boring..
Don't want to be one of the guys that follow the highway just to get dirty.
If I use Roy's road as a reference and going east, do you have recommendations ?
Thanks in advance..

Ben-e-boy
22nd March 2014, 06:11 PM
Hey mate

I would start at the glasshouse mountains lookout on glasshouse woodford road. Go onto the dirt road and you'll see a well used track to the right and that will take you onto the eastern powerlines.

gaddy
24th March 2014, 09:00 AM
Did you end up going ?

meh
24th March 2014, 11:47 AM
there's a group of us heading up to glass house on wednesday this week for a play

NP99
24th March 2014, 05:52 PM
You can buy a 25:000 topo map of ghm with some good details....

tiny
26th March 2014, 07:30 PM
Did you end up going ?
Yeah mate had a ball, would be better with another wheeler to help guide/winch and clean the mud off lol

tiny
26th March 2014, 07:32 PM
Going to head out again with my brother in law and he's using it as a buisness trip. He's northern NSW but i dont hold it against him..
One question, you reckon you could get away with overnighting there??

lhurley
26th March 2014, 07:42 PM
Going to head out again with my brother in law and he's using it as a buisness trip. He's northern NSW but i dont hold it against him..
One question, you reckon you could get away with overnighting there??

Overnighter as in drive through the night, yes, its wicked fun. But if you mean camping, you probably could, but not sure on legalities