PDA

View Full Version : engin swap

ezza87
22nd March 2014, 06:01 AM
Hay guys first time forum user here dont really no how this work an all but we'll see how I go.
Iv got got a 92 auto gq patrol wich has been in the family since new, but unfortunately I had blown her engine a year or so ago, an now that iv got abit of time an money I would like to bring it back to life.
I was just wondering if I should reco the original 4.2lt petrol engine or do I go with the 4.2lt turbo diesel or the 4cyl 3lt diesel, just keeping in mind iv got around 5k+labor to spend. .
Thanks any help will be appreciated. .

AB
22nd March 2014, 07:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

If you have the opportunity the optimum choice would be putting a td42 in there.

A member on here did this conversion when his tb42 got tired and he ended up getting a td42 from Patrolapart in Lilydale for 5k that came with everything including safari turbo that was in a rollover and had done high 200,000km's

Sounds like It's not your daily driver so if your Melbourne give them a call, mention you are from here and they might find something for you and keep an eye out on Carsales, Ebay, Gumtree, etc for one but it may take a while thats all.

Here is the members write up about his conversion.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5432-Diesel-conversion-%28TD42-from-TB42%29&highlight=tb42+conversion+rossco

Gecko17
22nd March 2014, 09:50 AM
x2 What AB said... Imo, the TD4.2l is the best value for money and greatest chance at longevity for your GQ.

oh! Welcome to the forum too!

MEGOMONSTER
22nd March 2014, 11:51 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dales300exc
22nd March 2014, 01:28 PM
You can find good running engines from 1500-3000 complete with all bolt ons but rarely turbo.

happygu
22nd March 2014, 01:36 PM
Ezza,

What is wrong with the original donk, and how much do you really want to spend?

Mic

threedogs
23rd March 2014, 06:59 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy