PDA

View Full Version : nothing really important

skip_60
21st March 2014, 08:17 PM
Hi all,
Just a note to say I am new to this forum, never been to a forum ever, but like many I have a Nissan Patrol.....Not one of my better choices but hopefully will learn something form here
kind regards
Skip

FNQGU
21st March 2014, 08:19 PM
Hopefully you'll eat those words about your choice.... Welcome aboard Skip.

MudRunnerTD
21st March 2014, 08:21 PM
BWAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAAAA so???? What would have been a better choice? What Patrol have you got mate? Model, specs, engine,

growler2058
21st March 2014, 08:25 PM
Gday Skip welcome aboard mate

AB
21st March 2014, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, these blokes will change your mind I'm sure!

MEGOMONSTER
21st March 2014, 08:47 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Stropp
21st March 2014, 08:54 PM
Welcome along skip, what problem are you having mate this is where you will plenty of advice to help.

Bulbous
22nd March 2014, 05:47 AM
Welcome & Congratulations
You are now the owner of one of the most awesome creations of man. The Nissan patrol is legendary and beautiful.

GQ's with their boxy shape look awesome.
GUs are even more beautiful :D
Y62s actually look good as well, even if they're a bit soft at the edges.

On my desert bash today, the only two cars that had to keep stopping to allow the others (jeeps and tojo cr&p) to catch up were the patrols.

Gecko17
22nd March 2014, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Skip. As you can see, we're pretty happy with our Patrols here... I'm sure it wont take long for you to become a believer. Lets see if we can't change your mind.

happygu
22nd March 2014, 01:15 PM
Welcome Skip,

Great to have you here with us ....

Insert Deep Voice ..... With a Patrol comes great responsibility ....:bananadancing:

threedogs
23rd March 2014, 06:57 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

skip_60
27th March 2014, 10:21 PM
Thank you for your kind greetings, I have a son who is right into Patrols, I live in North east Arnhem Land, so getting a little isolated. I son has 4.2 td, I have a GU 2000 3.0l Job, It has a new motor in back in 2004 under warranty, I have set the 3.0l up with a dawes valve, catch can, cooling fan to inter cooler and a few gauges to monitor the engine. The old girl has had a two inch lift and fitted with T/A all terrains, I have just fitted new Air con compressor, belt, and belt adjustor, New alternator, and have a spare MAF unit, I through in a couple of new batteries as no mobile service up here. I have to get a fly by wire control as the stop engine light has flash on a few times. A couple of weeks ago it went into safety mode, Just as I was leaving my garage luckily. I must admit, the Patrol has some good climbing qualities when out in the scrub up here. For my spoilt grand children I have fitted DVD into the head rests for their benefit. I only run the boost at 16psi. So hopefully have some insurance against over boosting. If any one has any information to add to what I have done, I would gladly take it on board, As There are no 4.2td Nissans around to buy, so just making the most of the 3.0l.... On the new motor it has only done 85000Kms ....so hopefully some more life left in her !

cheers
Skip

Stropp
28th March 2014, 12:55 AM
Hi skip where do you live, I used to work all thru Arnhem Land with Telstra.

my third 256
28th March 2014, 05:53 AM
Welcome aboard Skip

skip_60
28th March 2014, 12:15 PM
I live at Gove / Nhulunbuy, I reckon Telstra could still do some work up here. But beautiful part of the world, Great fishing as you know and really some lovely areas to visit.

Sherro
28th March 2014, 01:44 PM
Welcome Skip enjoy the forum mate.

MudRunnerTD
28th March 2014, 06:19 PM
I live at Gove / Nhulunbuy, I reckon Telstra could still do some work up here. But beautiful part of the world, Great fishing as you know and really some lovely areas to visit.

I had some friends that moved to Gove about 5 years ago and loved it. I think they moved to Cairns about a year ago.