PDA

View Full Version : Overfilling Engine Oil GU 2.8

Rosscoe
21st March 2014, 09:47 AM
Hi just bought a Patrol again a GU 2.8, I know all the stories about the 2.8 but have had one before and loved it. Checked everything before I paid and drove it home, checking the oil once the engine was cold and it has been overfilled (stupid me, I didnt redip the oil just checked that it was clean and had some in the sump lol, had been running before I got there), by a couple of litres i guess, can or will or has this now caused any damage to anything. Why would someone overfill the sump????????
Thank you for reading.

Rosscoe.

Rosscoe
22nd March 2014, 07:00 PM
Drained about 3 litres of oil, cleaned the MAF, cleaned the intercooler, blocked the EGR, fitted a water temp, boost, volt and an EGT gauge today just got to get the EGT sender fittted and hopefully she will be fine after the oil overfill.

growler2058
22nd March 2014, 07:07 PM
Geez that is a lot of extra oil! hopefully it hasn't stuffed any seals

Rosscoe
22nd March 2014, 07:20 PM
That is what I am hoping, had some oil around rear of rocker cover, have degreased it and will take it for a run tomorrow to see if she leaks again, now should be able to see where from if it does.

Wine_maker
23rd March 2014, 02:50 AM
Hi!
Oil, around rear of rocker cover is not a problem of overfill. Its damn sore of this engine. I changed the rocker cover's seal 3 times with zero effect.