PDA

View Full Version : Juice Chewer

Neil the Nissan
20th March 2014, 03:22 PM
Guys,
This 2011 GU Wagon just drinks the soup for a 4 banger diesel:jawdrop:
It is auto but i still thought i would get better economy.
Are chip and exhaust packages worth the 3 gorillas?
Any ideas please?
Neil the Nissan

threedogs
20th March 2014, 03:23 PM
you should be achieving around 13 litres per 100 kays what are you getting ATM

Neil the Nissan
24th March 2014, 09:13 AM
I think somewhere close to that,will have to check it out.
Cheerz

BigRAWesty
24th March 2014, 09:33 AM
13l /100 is very good.
You have to remember you ain't driving a prius..
Your driving a nearly 3ton vehicle in engines the size of suitcase..

Neil the Nissan
24th March 2014, 03:36 PM
yeah i know,just thought that these new diesels would be a bit better on the fuel.
Ime goin to Fraser in september and was hoping not to mortgage the house to pay for the fuel bill!!

BigRAWesty
24th March 2014, 06:37 PM
A chip will make it worse for sure.
An exhaust, nads and a tune will give a good power increase but maintain those figures..

I simply drive at @ 100km/h.. Always knocks a few L/100 off..

the evil twin
24th March 2014, 06:46 PM
yeah i know,just thought that these new diesels would be a bit better on the fuel.
Ime goin to Fraser in september and was hoping not to mortgage the house to pay for the fuel bill!!

Unfortunately, it's not a new Diesel, it's a 7 year old upgrade on a 15 year old design.
Mine is chipped and modd'd and returns 12.5 litres per hundred average BUT there are quite few out there that are up in the 14 to 15 and nothing seems to help

The "new" diesels are generating nearly twice the grunt for up to 1/2 the fuel, if they dropped one in the GU shape... Oh Happy Days

Yendor
24th March 2014, 07:51 PM
I'm getting around the 13 litres per 100 from mine. That mostly city driving.

I was talking with a bloke on Friday who claims he gets 7 litres per 100 from his D-max

Wang
24th March 2014, 08:46 PM
Yer it was an eye opener for me too. Went away a Xmas loaded up with the trailer was lucky to get 650kms from both tanks.

the evil twin
24th March 2014, 10:07 PM
I'm getting around the 13 litres per 100 from mine. That mostly city driving.

I was talking with a bloke on Friday who claims he gets 7 litres per 100 from his D-max

We have a range of vehicles in the work fleet (no Patrols anymore tho) I get mid 8's in the BT50 "hammering" up and down the coast on the bitumen.
It does Perth to Carnarvon easily on a tank but not towing anything and only medium load.
The Navara 4 pot is a disaster and lucky to make Geraldton.
The 550 uses more fuel than the BT50 but I haven't done enough K's to figure it out yet
The V8 cruiser is a POS

Yendor
24th March 2014, 11:34 PM
We have a range of vehicles in the work fleet (no Patrols anymore tho) I get mid 8's in the BT50 "hammering" up and down the coast on the bitumen.
It does Perth to Carnarvon easily on a tank but not towing anything and only medium load.
The Navara 4 pot is a disaster and lucky to make Geraldton.
The 550 uses more fuel than the BT50 but I haven't done enough K's to figure it out yet
The V8 cruiser is a POS

He said the same about the 2.5L Navara.

Would be interesting to find out the economy of the 550.

Avo
24th March 2014, 11:49 PM
shit my 2010 gu I'm getting around 16lt per 100km I think around 700km on both tanks,scared the shit out of me when I bought it though.Just stopped thinking about it now.Only had it 2 months.not happy with the fuel usage and will try to get it down lower just trying to figure out how aswell..not into driving to slow

Dave_H
25th March 2014, 01:43 AM
My 08 returns around 15-16lt per 100 majority of the time except when the missus drives she tends to sit around the 100kmh mark and gets between 13-14lt. It's stock standard apart from a 2" lift. I've tried using the 2 stroke oil which does help (roughly 1lt per 100 better off) but yeah it's thirsty that's for sure.

Neil the Nissan
25th March 2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the input, i am glad i am not alone, i had an 02 rodeo dual cab before this that was an absolute snail but made this thing look like a 350 chev when it came to fuel consumption,was getting about 600ks out of about 55 litre tank in various usage.I think my last big trip in the Patrol i managed about 850ks out of both tanks which would put me in the low 14litre/100 area.I am doing a run from CQ to brissy in the next month so will work out exactly what this thing is chewing.

LyleO
9th April 2014, 01:29 PM
Neil,

I've just had a DP chip and 2.75 BD exhaust installed into my 2008 CRD which was a reasonably thirsty beasty although to be realistic I do have a few mods that make it less aero dynamic than usual for a box. The first full tank of diesel since the installation returned figures of 11.8 ltrs per 100km in a mix of around town and open road. This is, by far, the best fuel figures I've had since new and I've now got some decent pull in all gears as well.

Cheers Lyle