PDA

View Full Version : New forum app in development

AB
20th March 2014, 01:15 PM
Hi folks,

Well the time has come where we have to say goodbye to MC and Tapa apps.

I have now decided the only way forward is to develop our own app that we will have full control over.

This needs to happen within 1 month before the others shut down so I am currently developing this as we speak.

It's going to be a mammoth nightmare and I am praying we do not go through a hell of a lot of bug fixing but I think It's inevitable!!!!

Once the BETA version is good to go I would love some help in testing both iOS and android versions from you lot and lets build something that works for us!

It's unfortunate that MC are getting the rough deal with the efforts they put into theirs but I am willing to take this on myself and get it happening otherwise we will not have an application to use on the forum which will hurt!!!

liftlid
20th March 2014, 01:28 PM
Well done Andy any help you need to test don't hesitate to ask.

Alitis007
20th March 2014, 01:51 PM
Great news Andy i'll be more then happy to help with beta testing and help out where i can aswell!! Look forward to it!

oncedisturbed
20th March 2014, 02:08 PM
More than happy to test ios snd android versions.

Good news on the app :beer::beer::beer:

Winnie
20th March 2014, 02:25 PM
You are a sucker for punishment hey!

Sir Roofy
20th March 2014, 02:41 PM
you are a sucker for punishment hey!

thrives on it ,you know he cant sit still for 5minutes with out
getting heaby jeabys

HV2002
20th March 2014, 03:00 PM
Happy to help were i can

Clunk
20th March 2014, 03:07 PM
Here to help with the testing mate

MudRunnerTD
20th March 2014, 03:16 PM
Just make it work first time and it will be easy peezy!! Seriously!! Get on it!

Bloodyaussie
20th March 2014, 03:16 PM
Plan on having a baby as well mate?????

taslucas
20th March 2014, 03:19 PM
Go you good thing!
I'll test an android version to see if it's idiot proof.
Which reminds me.....I should start using you4wd more lol

AB
20th March 2014, 03:22 PM
This could not of being any worse off timing!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Clunk
20th March 2014, 03:27 PM
So does that mean no Redback Rooftop bags then ;):D

krbrooking
20th March 2014, 03:54 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea Andy, good luck with it all and more than happy to help out where I can.

taslucas
20th March 2014, 03:56 PM
What's the go? Is mc leaving?

BigRAWesty
20th March 2014, 04:09 PM
About farking time..

Quit jerkin over prados and snap to it..

Chop chop..

Lol..
Can't wait mate. I'll also throw my hand up for bata testing..

BigRAWesty
20th March 2014, 04:09 PM
What's the go? Is mc leaving?

If ab doesn't pay em they will

NissanGQ4.2
20th March 2014, 04:14 PM
It's unfortunate that MC are getting the rough deal with the efforts they put into theirs but I am willing to take this on myself and get it happening otherwise we will not have an application to use on the forum which will hurt!!!

About bloody time! *L*

I don't think MC are getting a rough deal, they have put no effort into theirs look how long it has been between bug fixes. MC are all about advertising and making money.

Good luck with it Andy, put me down for a beta tester for Andriod..............only if I get credit in the about box unlike you4wd *L*

growler2058
20th March 2014, 04:23 PM
I got no idea what beta testing is but will have a crack for you

NissanGQ4.2
20th March 2014, 04:58 PM
I got no idea what beta testing is but will have a crack for you

Now you do *L*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

04OFF
20th March 2014, 07:02 PM
Now you do *L*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

phew thanks, and I was thinking, why is he doing BETA testing, everyone knows VHS is better.......... :hpfredgeorge1:

AB
25th March 2014, 09:05 PM
This may take a little longer then expected. My bloke who helps me with apps just pulled out due to the difficulty of the job....lol

I have other people to ask but it's not going to be as easy as I hoped!

growler2058
25th March 2014, 09:08 PM
This may take a little longer then expected. My bloke who helps me with apps just pulled out due to the difficulty of the job....lol

I have other people to ask but it's not going to be as easy as I hoped!

Oooohhhhh FFS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Winnie
25th March 2014, 09:08 PM
What have you gotten yourself into???

megatexture
25th March 2014, 09:53 PM
I'm still at a loss why you need an app ? I have no issues using my android brouser on my phone and safari on ipad what's the benefit? To save zooming in on buttons if you have fatfinger syndrome like me?

Alitis007
25th March 2014, 10:25 PM
I'm still at a loss why you need an app ? I have no issues using my android brouser on my phone and safari on ipad what's the benefit? To save zooming in on buttons if you have fatfinger syndrome like me?

Notifications, helping keep track or threads your following, easy posting pics plus other things its really just to make it easier and faster to navigate the forum i guess

Maxhead
26th March 2014, 06:51 AM
Is it done yet?, c'mon mate get a move on! :)

Rickie3
26th March 2014, 07:22 AM
Save yourself the headache, oh by the way I was a coder with vbulletin.org a few years ago, but people got to demanding thinking I was a robot, but have a look at this mate http://www.forumrunner.net/

Tonks
26th March 2014, 07:26 AM
BIG Effort Andy,
Good Luck with it all.

AB
26th March 2014, 10:19 AM
Save yourself the headache, oh by the way I was a coder with vbulletin.org a few years ago, but people got to demanding thinking I was a robot, but have a look at this mate http://www.forumrunner.net/

I looked into this mate but heard a lot of bad feedback on their program.

Rickie3
26th March 2014, 06:10 PM
I looked into this mate but heard a lot of bad feedback on their program.Forum runner has come a long way since 2012 yes bad reviews back in the early stages, but now has a 4 star rating with itunes, and 5 star with google, worth a look mate all it will cost is a small amount of your time, and simple if you dont like it unistall it http://www.forumrunner.net/ http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=features

AB
26th March 2014, 06:22 PM
Thanks mate. Do you know if there's options for certain members to be able to use it or just open slather?

Rickie3
26th March 2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks mate. Do you know if there's options for certain members to be able to use it or just open slather?It follows the exact same rules you have applied in your admin panel, it functions just like this board but just simplified for devices

AB
26th March 2014, 06:33 PM
It follows the exact same rules you have applied in your admin panel, it functions just like this board but just simplified for devices

Thanks mate ill take a look.

DX grunt
26th March 2014, 08:46 PM
One question..... What's an app?

Do I have one, and do I need one?

Rickie3
26th March 2014, 09:16 PM
One question..... What's an app?

Do I have one, and do I need one?bawhahaahha sorry, but where have you been hiding LOL, app=application, is needed if you want to use your smart phone to surf the forum

megatexture
26th March 2014, 09:31 PM
it’s not needed though! Phones come with a browser and I’ve never had any issues using the forum with that, andy just wants another project to get out of doing dirty diapers!

DX grunt
26th March 2014, 10:19 PM
bawhahaahha sorry, but where have you been hiding LOL, app=application, is needed if you want to use your smart phone to surf the forum

I'm turning 55 in July.....GIVE ME A BREAK. lol. Sorry for yelling. haha

Anyway, what's a smart phone? I'm the smart one that uses my phone. haha.

DX grunt
26th March 2014, 10:22 PM
it’s not needed though! Phones come with a browser and I’ve never had any issues using the forum with that, andy just wants another project to get out of doing dirty diapers!

I'm pretty sure I've got internet access, but the screen is that small, I'm lucky to read SMS's. lol.

Out here in the sticks, I've got a Telstra Tough 2 phone.

Anyway, I prefer the name 'nappies', not diapers. lol

megatexture
26th March 2014, 10:50 PM
Haha I put nappies first and come to think of it I'm not sure why I changed it lol