PDA

View Full Version : bad fuel stats on gu8 ?

gowalkabout.com.au
18th March 2014, 05:42 PM
I am trying to work out why im getting such bad fuel economy in my gu8. Its getting between 24 - 26L/100km (average 450km from both main and sub tank). from what I can see most people seem to be getting between 12 - 16L/100km. It doesn't seem to change that much between towing or not towing. I would like to know if anyone else is getting such bad economy? It has the usual mods bulbar, 33"s etc..
I have checked filters etc. and all are good. so where should I go from there to sort this out? or have I just got one that chews the fuel

Maxhead
18th March 2014, 05:57 PM
so where should I go from there to sort this out? or have I just got one that chews the fuel

Straight to Nissan mate, there is something wrong with it. Still under warranty

Stropp
18th March 2014, 07:09 PM
yes i would be taking it back and getting it checked, sounds like the maf sensor or 02 sensors in the exhaust (if it has them on the late diesels)are making it run rich.

rottodiver
18th March 2014, 07:15 PM
Diesel or petrol?

Maxhead
18th March 2014, 07:16 PM
Diesel or petrol?

2012 came out with only a 3l diesel in Australia

rottodiver
18th March 2014, 07:22 PM
2012 came out with only a 3l diesel in Australia
Thanks for that....
Didn't know that...
Scotty

michaeljp
18th March 2014, 07:35 PM
I take it your using the mileage reading from your speedo to work out how many km's youve done? If so, your running 33's so your speedo is out a bit which will increase the L/100km. But id do as NIsshead said and take it back to NIssan. On your next long drive use a GPS to work out how many miles youve driven, then work out your L/100km

Kevs GU
19th March 2014, 05:44 PM
I take it your using the mileage reading from your speedo to work out how many km's youve done? If so, your running 33's so your speedo is out a bit which will increase the L/100km. But id do as NIsshead said and take it back to NIssan. On your next long drive use a GPS to work out how many miles youve driven, then work out your L/100km
I have 33s on my 02 patrol and my speedo is now 1kmh out with my GPS were before the 33s it was approx. 10kmh difference.
Cheers Kev.

happygu
19th March 2014, 06:02 PM
I am trying to work out why im getting such bad fuel economy in my gu8. Its getting between 24 - 26L/100km (average 450km from both main and sub tank). from what I can see most people seem to be getting between 12 - 16L/100km. It doesn't seem to change that much between towing or not towing. I would like to know if anyone else is getting such bad economy? It has the usual mods bulbar, 33"s etc..
I have checked filters etc. and all are good. so where should I go from there to sort this out? or have I just got one that chews the fuel

That is terrible economy ... about double mine, and most others.

Is yours part of the Accelerator Pedal recall, and if it is, have you had it done?

Mic

gowalkabout.com.au
19th March 2014, 07:00 PM
Yes the accelerator pedal has been replaced. I have had it back multiple times to nissan complaining about lack of power and a noise that sounds like the turbo squealing. Only to be accused of tampering with the turbo even though nissan are the only people to ever work on it.

Hodge
19th March 2014, 07:22 PM
Yes the accelerator pedal has been replaced. I have had it back multiple times to nissan complaining about lack of power and a noise that sounds like the turbo squealing. Only to be accused of tampering with the turbo even though nissan are the only people to ever work on it.

In regards to turbo squealing mate, get them to check the EGR tube at the back of the engine. These are very common to warp or crack and squeal / make low pitches whistling sound in harmony with boost / turbo spooling up. Can't comment on fuel economy.