PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is MH370 ??

Maxhead
14th March 2014, 11:48 AM
I'll be stuffed if I know.....but its got me intrigued

Aliens??

Hodge
14th March 2014, 11:54 AM
Very interesting case ... Without being an aviation expert, one would think that in current day and age and technology, that plane would be tracked every second of it's flight through satellite and radars? So they could go back to the last transmitted position. There is so many speculations coming out daily, it's becoming a joke really.

Maxhead
14th March 2014, 11:56 AM
Very interesting case ... Without being an aviation expert, one would think that in current day and age and technology, that plane would be tracked every second of it's flight through satellite and radars? So they could go back to the last transmitted position. There is so many speculations coming out daily, it's becoming a joke really.

Yeah, I would agree that with current technology they should know exactly where it is...There is more to this story than we think

the evil twin
14th March 2014, 11:58 AM
I'll be stuffed if I know.....but its got me intrigued

Aliens??

Curious isn't it... it certainly is not where they are looking so just goes to show that the world can still be a big place.

After spending a 2 1/2 years tour in the ADF in Malaysia I can say that, if that sucker was waaaay off course and went down in the Jungle it may be yoinks before they find it.

Hodge
14th March 2014, 12:00 PM
It's a massive world out there. The thing could be anywhere.
If it did hit ocean in some areas over there, and sank I doubt they will ever know exactly what happened as it's super deep in some spots there.
Whats the box got time wise before it's game over? 30 days or something?

the evil twin
14th March 2014, 12:12 PM

That is their main problem. Once you are more than about 100 miles away from a major airport or military Radar etc then you are out of Radar contact and all position reporting is derived from the Aircraft itself via the Pilots calling in to ATC at reporting points, onboard transponders or Satellite uplink.

If you "lose radio contact" with the Aircraft once it is out over the ocean, be it fair means or foul, and it becomes guess work.

We had an F18 tragically lost in Australia in 1991 when I was stationed in the NT. The pilot became unconcious and they tracked it from Katherine until they "lost contact" as it neared the Gulf of Carpentaria.
There was a huge search and I mean huge and we knew his heading and approximate fuel useage so everyone thought it's a tradegy but we will find where it went down within 24 hours
A stockman stumbled across the wreckage 3 years later.

BigRAWesty
14th March 2014, 12:20 PM
Tis very interesting.
I'm now not thinking termism though. If it was someone woukd have claimed it by now surly.

Winnie
14th March 2014, 12:45 PM
Aliens??

Possibility! Surely they would all have GPS trackers and everything though? If not, maybe after this they will.

threedogs
14th March 2014, 12:48 PM
even the passengers phones are still ringing ,,,, close encounter , Burmuda triangle stuff
If it hit water there would be wreckage everywhere. but stuck in the cockpit with the two cute girls
they could be anywhere. certainly a mystery ATM

Maxhead
14th March 2014, 01:08 PM
Probably another speculation but Boeing said these planes have a plane information send function (via sattelite) which Malasian air did not subscribe to but they send these pings automatically. The yanks reckon they know these pings were sent 4 hours after communication stopped... Who knows

Drewboyaus
14th March 2014, 01:15 PM
Want to know how quickly a flight can go wrong? Check out this about the Air France A330 crash into the Atlantic:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447

Scary stuff to see how fast disaster can strike on an Airliner! I love flying but it even gave me the heeby geebies.....

threedogs
14th March 2014, 02:23 PM
Gee that really puts the F in flying eh

Clunk
14th March 2014, 03:00 PM
Tis very interesting.
I'm now not thinking termism though. If it was someone woukd have claimed it by now surly.

Is that like snakes on a plane?

Hodge
14th March 2014, 03:08 PM
I love flying but it even gave me the heeby geebies.....

Same here. Love it. But...
Reminds me of our last trip home from QLD. Had time to kill before flight, sat down for a coffee at the resorts lounge and they had air crash investigations going ... And they just happen to air the episode discussing how short flights are most at risk. Thanks !
Needless to say, few stubbies followed the coffee to settle the nerves.

threedogs
14th March 2014, 03:36 PM
Now they are looking in the Indian ocean

Stropp
14th March 2014, 04:41 PM
my mate is a conspiracy theorist and says that the ping from the plane received by boeing 5hrs after they lost contact has some relevance as the US has an airbase exactly 5 hrs flying time from where it last was on radar, could have some relevance as phones are still ringing etc etc ????

growler2058
14th March 2014, 04:45 PM
The only good thing that comes from this, is schapelle and her dodgy clan are outta the news YEE HAA

Drewboyaus
14th March 2014, 05:28 PM
Having worked with the guys that build and sell air traffic management systems, Australia is one of only a handful of countries that have continent wide GPS tracking of aircraft. It means that once you get a distance away from an en-route radar site, it's all managed by manual check-ins and proscribed locations. The pilots themselves are ultimately responsible for aircraft separation when beyond radar range.
My theory of the accident is that there are two "reasonable" things that could have happened......I think that it was either a controlled flight into terrain due to a systems malfunction.....their nav and communications systems lost the plot and they flew the airplane into the ocean at speed without realising it. Or there was a cabin decompression and the crew were rendered unconscious and the plane eventually crashed into the sea, also at speed.
But really, who knows. There are so many things that "could" have happened and as per my link above, it only takes a couple of minutes of dis-orientation of the crew to bring an aircraft down........fast.

Drewboyaus
15th March 2014, 09:12 AM
Well it's getting stranger now! Apparently various US officials seem pretty sure the flight headed west now after the transponder was turned off and it was still flying some several hours after the transponder signal was lost!

Hodge
15th March 2014, 10:07 AM
Who's to believe anything with so many different speculations from every country.
Personally I wouldn't believe breath of what US says.

threedogs
15th March 2014, 10:13 AM
What happened about the KIWI dudes sighting of something burning hitting the water ,drugs lol

krbrooking
15th March 2014, 10:22 AM
Well it's getting stranger now! Apparently various US officials seem pretty sure the flight headed west now after the transponder was turned off and it was still flying some several hours after the transponder signal was lost!

Not saying that this is not the case but could they not have tracked where it ended up then.

Drewboyaus
15th March 2014, 10:36 AM
What happened about the KIWI dudes sighting of something burning hitting the water ,drugs lol

I think that was the burning hash hitting water in their bong.....hahahah

Stropp
15th March 2014, 11:27 AM
still strange that Boeing got pings from the planes maintenance computer 5 hrs after it was lost and mobile phones were ringing 2 days after the plane disappeared.

Avo
15th March 2014, 04:26 PM
Phones will ring even without signal,i live in an area with no coverage and when you ring me the phone will ring out then go to message bank..won't actually get the missed call till we venture to town..

MudRunnerTD
15th March 2014, 05:58 PM
Ad today that it is nearly 100% certain that the plane was hijacked and flew on for upto 4 or 5 hours after loosing radio contact.

I have seriously been saying for days that its like it landed somewhere and is on the ground... You'd think demands would have been made by now though hey??

Drewboyaus
15th March 2014, 06:31 PM
Ad today that it is nearly 100% certain that the plane was hijacked and flew on for upto 4 or 5 hours after loosing radio contact.

I have seriously been saying for days that its like it landed somewhere and is on the ground... You'd think demands would have been made by now though hey??

Makes you wonder what was in the cargo?

rottodiver
15th March 2014, 06:40 PM

Who says the demands have not been going since the night it left..... Best way to deal with hijackers what be not to give them any publicity in my opinion.....
Why would the US send a destroyer to "search"

All a bit sus in my little mind..
Scotty

NissanGQ4.2
15th March 2014, 07:08 PM
Wouldn't put it past me the US government didn't highjack the plane...........its been a while since hijackers have flown into one of there buildings

timbar
15th March 2014, 07:19 PM
What about tracking some of the mobile phones ??? Probably a bit late now but I can track my iPhone within 50m of its location if not less ??!

lucus30
15th March 2014, 07:39 PM
What about tracking some of the mobile phones ??? Probably a bit late now but I can track my iPhone within 50m of its location if not less ??!

Well GPS yes it would be too late but the cell location data should have been available for a few days in the subs HLR so they would be able to identify the country the phones were last in. Then you speak to the the local Telco and pull it out of their VLR. Generally you'd have roughly a two day window for this. However I'm sure some billing data was written into a database if the phones were ringing and normally this should include some location data that would be available for a fair while

Obviously if all the phones were turned off in Malaysia then you are up shet creek

Avo
15th March 2014, 07:44 PM

to track a mobile you have to have three signal towers,i heard somewhere only like 20km range when you do do this...so once out in the ocean it becomes an imppossibilty...this was explained by DR Karl on the ABC the other day while I was in the tractor.

lucus30
15th March 2014, 07:47 PM
to track a mobile you have to have three signal towers,i heard somewhere only like 20km range when you do do this...so once out in the ocean it becomes an imppossibilty...this was explained by DR Karl on the ABC the other day while I was in the tractor.

Not exactly true it helps but to find a plane you wouldn't even need to go to that level. You can get it down to a few square kms from one cell.

Avo
15th March 2014, 07:52 PM
Not exactly true it helps but to find a plane you wouldn't even need to go to that level. You can get it down to a few square kms from one cell.

I meant trying to find the location of the phone,some one rung up the other day and asked the same question about how come they didn't follow up on the reports of missed calls,could be wrong have been before..

lucus30
15th March 2014, 07:54 PM
I meant trying to find the location of the phone,some one rung up the other day and asked the same question about how come they didn't follow up on the reports of missed calls,could be wrong have been before..

I know mate but I'm presuming the phones would be in the same location as the plane

Drewboyaus
15th March 2014, 07:57 PM
Who says the demands have not been going since the night it left..... Best way to deal with hijackers what be not to give them any publicity in my opinion.....
Why would the US send a destroyer to "search"

All a bit sus in my little mind..
Scotty

It is an excellent point you make. Could be similar to the ships hijacked around Africa.....

Maxhead
16th March 2014, 05:23 AM
The plot thickens... Lol

threedogs
16th March 2014, 08:19 AM
they say now that it lost contact at one in the morning , just as it was due to pass from Malaysia radar control to Vietnam radio control
VRC did not receive flight MH370 as the transponders were turned off, It would be nice to think it landed somewhere in Pakistan and all on
board were alive. cant see the point of taking a plane with 200 odd ppl on board and not making any claims or demands

Avo
16th March 2014, 10:30 AM
Hope it hasn't landed in Pakistan,imaginge a plane loaded with Nuke Shite coming back at us or whoever they point it at,i doubt it would be Australia...I was saying this to the mrs a few days ago.

threedogs
16th March 2014, 10:45 AM
whats their objective if they hi jacked it ??

Bundyk
16th March 2014, 03:23 PM
Information I have just come across:

*The pilot was a senior pilot, making very strange that he was flying the red eye.
*The pilot was found to have a commercial flight simulator at his house. Speculation states that it was used to plan the planes disappearance.
*The plane was carrying 50 less passengers than capacity and barely enough fuel for the flight, pointing to the fact that the plane could have been hijacked for its cargo.
*The fact that all this happened at night means there is an increased chance that it was hijacked and flown elsewhere and landed. Hijacking it a night means they can turn off the nav lights as well as the comms systems, and no one could find them.

threedogs
16th March 2014, 05:18 PM
latest is one of the pilots had strong political feeling.
The plot thickens

Bundyk
16th March 2014, 07:19 PM
latest is one of the pilots had strong political feeling.
The plot thickens

Either that, or like the rest of us, he too was sick of hearing about Schapelle and decided to do something about it!:smileyvault-cute-bi

the evil twin
17th March 2014, 01:09 AM
Information I have just come across:

*The pilot was a senior pilot, making very strange that he was flying the red eye.
*The pilot was found to have a commercial flight simulator at his house. Speculation states that it was used to plan the planes disappearance.
*The plane was carrying 50 less passengers than capacity and barely enough fuel for the flight, pointing to the fact that the plane could have been hijacked for its cargo.
*The fact that all this happened at night means there is an increased chance that it was hijacked and flown elsewhere and landed. Hijacking it a night means they can turn off the nav lights as well as the comms systems, and no one could find them.

The Pilot rosters work on hours flown, availability and layover timing so seniority doesn't have a major impact.
If he had a commercial simulator in his home he had serious backing, they cost 100's of mill and are housed in multi-story buildings.
It can't have had bugger all fuel, it had over 8 hours endurance and 50 less pax means they had plenty of overhead in AUW for the flight planning and he would want max fuel not sweet FA if it was a hijacking.
...apart from that I agree it sure looks more and more like a 'jack. If it is then exactly where to and why is going to be interesting. Just flying it out over the ocean and spearing into the drink doesn't do much for your "cause"

Bottom line is that the Malaysians are going to take a big hit politically after sitting on so much "intel" from the IADS military radar system for so long.
It is essentially Boeing being adamant the plane was still airborne that forced them to spill their guts

threedogs
17th March 2014, 01:05 PM
anyone hear what Shappelle thinks Oh forgot she cant say anything cause of parole violation

ova50
17th March 2014, 01:12 PM
anyone hear what Shappelle thinks Oh forgot she cant say anything cause of parole violation

:groupwave:

threedogs
17th March 2014, 01:21 PM
how can a plane so big not be found, it defies logic

ova50
17th March 2014, 01:29 PM
Every day it appears they chop, change and then go back to previous theories.
Surely it will be found.

threedogs
17th March 2014, 01:53 PM
NASA can detect a fart from outer space surely they know where it is , and whats going on
the FBI know stuff too

Avo
17th March 2014, 03:48 PM

it's being hidden in a big shed,all aboard have been shot and it will be used at a later date for a nuclear strike..I said this before you watch...it's going top make 9/11 look small...they won't do it yet as there's to much stuff out looking for it,but when it all dies down they will wait awhile and then Bang,this has been my theory for a while...

Avo
17th March 2014, 03:55 PM
there is also theories of cloaking devices as 20 people from one company where on a flight and people 's supisions are that they were onn a mission..here's a link on what I could find..i heard this the pther day ..
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/562572-freescale-semiconductor-20-employees-on-board-missing-malaysia-airlines-plane/

Stropp
17th March 2014, 08:15 PM
Now they are scouring the west coast of oz:icon_bonk:

MEGOMONSTER
17th March 2014, 08:57 PM
Simples, YES...................
NO.

jc84
18th March 2014, 02:54 AM

I agree, I could understand that, god forbid, if it was sitting at the bottom of one of those asian seas over there, then gps tracking probably wouldn't work. But, you go out and spend $220 million on something, your gunna want to have some pretty smart gps tracking (bread crumbs even)

The four hours of flight after they lost coms with it, means they've got like 41 million sqkm to search....for prospective Australia is just under 7.5 million sqkm.

I'd say best case scenaro is it was hijacked and is sitting on a makeshift/abandoned runway somewhere, yet you'd think with all washingtons might they would have checked all of them by now (as if they wouldn't have a list of runways this size, 2000+ meters, this close to china) And you'd think they'd be able to spot a homemade runway from space.

Who knows? certainly is an interesting one.

threedogs
18th March 2014, 07:55 AM
Why not use what is available to search,,,,,,,,,,,,,,enter the DRONE
These things could fly over the "STANS" lol taking pictures,

Alitis007
18th March 2014, 10:16 AM
I've got the plane at home, one of my mates knocked it off and we're putting the motor in the patrol!! Lol heres one i prepared earlier.....42049

MEGOMONSTER
19th March 2014, 09:26 AM
I've got the plane at home, one of my mates knocked it off and we're putting the motor in the patrol!! Lol heres one i prepared earlier.....42049

What your only going single jet for a patrol.
Might be under powered, may need to go twin turbine jet propulsion.
Ditch the passenger plane and go find yourself a fighter jet

Alitis007
19th March 2014, 12:42 PM
What your only going single jet for a patrol.
Might be under powered, may need to go twin turbine jet propulsion.
Ditch the passenger plane and go find yourself a fighter jet

Yeah i thought of that but realized that i need to tow the boat so it wouldn't look too flash after the afterburners have been on........

BigRAWesty
19th March 2014, 12:52 PM
On a more serious not. A fairly high up pilot thinks fire got it..

Avo
19th March 2014, 12:57 PM
So where's the debris?

BigRAWesty
19th March 2014, 05:14 PM
So where's the debris?

Bottom of one of the oceans

mudnut
19th March 2014, 06:01 PM
So is it possible a fire started, taking out communications, then the plane hits the water in one piece and sinks without debris?

happygu
19th March 2014, 06:05 PM
So is it possible a fire started, taking out communications, then the plane hits the water in one piece and sinks without debris?

Not really Mudnut, even though it is water - hitting it at speed is like hitting concrete ....

Mic

Maxhead
19th March 2014, 08:05 PM
Ok. It's been confirmed. The Russians have it.
Ferk, finally we know whats going on!! Took a while, hey!

taslucas
19th March 2014, 08:07 PM
Ok. It's been confirmed. The Russians have it.
Ferk, finally we know whats going on!! Took a while, hey!

......Really?

AB
19th March 2014, 08:08 PM
It's here blokes....

http://www.news.com.au/world/malaysia-airlines-missing-plane-location-could-be-in-satellite-data-in-australia-as-maldives-reports-sighting/story-fndir2ev-1226858579129

Maxhead
19th March 2014, 08:09 PM
......Really?

For sure, I hear it from the Perestroika news!!The Kremlin also confirmed it

megatexture
19th March 2014, 10:01 PM
I've still not seen anything suggesting they found it ?

growler2058
20th March 2014, 05:02 AM
For sure, I hear it from the Perestroika news!!The Kremlin also confirmed it

You idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
20th March 2014, 06:50 AM
nothing of that nature on the news,

Maxhead
20th March 2014, 06:51 AM
nothing of that nature on the news,

You wont see or hear anything TD, this is inside info straight from the Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti(KGB)...might hear something soon :)

threedogs
20th March 2014, 07:11 AM
tablets just kicking in, all over it now,lol
Thunder Birds are Go, he he

TPC
20th March 2014, 08:10 AM
Its here...

fracster
20th March 2014, 09:10 AM
I set my phone to airplane mode, can`t find the fecker now!

threedogs
20th March 2014, 09:25 AM
still reckon its in one of the "STANS"

TPC
20th March 2014, 09:41 AM
still reckon its in one of the "STANS"
Should we be getting Winemaker to look for it?

threedogs
20th March 2014, 02:02 PM
Breaking News they think they have found the plane in the Indian ocean,
two objects found
3200 Ks west of Perth

P4trol
20th March 2014, 03:58 PM
Or in pure commercial terms, why you should buy the issue of xyz paper today, even though you bought yesterdays.

outback
21st March 2014, 01:40 AM
Its here...

Now you tell us..

outback
21st March 2014, 01:41 AM
Just to be boring.
What I find more interesting is the issues currently with Russia, USA, NATO, EU and the sanctions suggested re The Crimea and the movement of this region back to Russia.
Anyone considered the cross effect of Russia not adhering to the current sanctions on Iran? Note: Russia currently adheres to the collective sanction policy.
This is a possibility if the USA via NATO and the EU push for heavy sanctions against Russia. Other issues include financial sanctions by USA against Russia will actually hit USA companies in Russia. Talk of hitting own goals.

Most of this is not covered in Australian press because the MH370 issue makes better press and sales.

Wine_maker
23rd March 2014, 04:21 AM
Sanctions against RU will give 0 effect.
I have one friend in Crimea (he left KZ 20 years ago), I called him a few days ago. He with family is happy that they are under Russian protection now and already included to RU.
The "new" government of Ukraine are real nazi they already made nazi killer Stepan Bandera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Bandera) as national hero again. Also they are offended to a few weapon warehouses so nazi are already got AK47, grenades, and mobile rocket systems ground to air.
One of new leaders of new governments for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY3Bpn5OIC4

I'm far from politics, so I sure that TV of both sides are lie to their watchers.

Wine_maker
25th March 2014, 04:01 AM
Sky news and Malaysia government confirm that MH370 was crashed in the south part of Indian ocean.

"An Australian navy ship is close to finding possible debris from the plane after a number of sightings of floating objects some 1,550 miles west of Perth."

Hard news. My condolences to the bereaved families.

http://news.sky.com/story/1231059/malaysia-plane-crashed-into-indian-ocean

BigRAWesty
25th March 2014, 05:51 AM
Let's hope this is it and the families get some closure..
How the hard bit begins. What brought it down??

Hodge
25th March 2014, 06:03 AM
Let's hope this is it and the families get some closure..
How the hard bit begins. What brought it down??

From here on it's gonna be even more speculations. They will never know.

Maxhead
25th March 2014, 06:27 AM
All the signs certainly point to the debris being MH370 but nothing has been fished out and confirmed as so. I just hope for the families that this confirmation is not premature.