PDA

View Full Version : Avm hubs

patrol2.8
14th March 2014, 07:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has managed to break their avm hub in 2 wheel drive on a normal rd @ 50ks i was just leaving home heard this loud snap pulled the car apart last night and found this ring had snapped it sits under the gear in the picture and is held in place by a split washer that had some how come out

happygu
14th March 2014, 10:05 AM
Never seen it before....

I think you have just been unlucky .....

patrol2.8
14th March 2014, 11:21 AM
Mate bad luck is my middle name at the momment last 2months ive managed break all 7 blades off the fan snapped 3 bolts in the block changing the water pump right front wheel bearings collapsed resulting in a complete rebuild of the front axle swivel housings new rotors and brakes etc etc and i serviced the hubs 2 weeks ago and nothing wrong with them picking up a full set of genuine nissan hubs today so hoping that will be the end of it

happygu
14th March 2014, 03:18 PM
I think we all have bad luck from time to time ... my missus car decided it would spit out the blades on the thermo fan, and push them through the radiator - the night before last weekends long weekend for us - just so I could run around trying to get the car home, and pick up all the new bits ....

patrol2.8
14th March 2014, 07:13 PM
Cant complain its just a car after all the punishment it cops guess you gotta expect things to go wrong