PDA

View Full Version : No more rego stickers in vic

AB
13th March 2014, 07:29 PM
I just got the renewal for the gq and I'm sure most of you know that Victoria is abolishing the old registration stickers.

Just reading the Vicroads site and it will save us 19.5 million each year.
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/RenewCancelOrUpdateRegistration/DiscontinuationOfRegistrationLabels.htm

Amazing where money goes at times!!!

What other states are still using stickers?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

growler2058
13th March 2014, 07:35 PM
Theyre talking about bringing them BACK here. But you wont have to display them if you don't want

Winnie
13th March 2014, 07:39 PM
Far out! When I got my new plates they said I don't need a new sticker. In fact any one in Vic can just remove their sticker.

ova50
13th March 2014, 07:45 PM
NSW ran out of them last year.

DX grunt
13th March 2014, 07:46 PM
Way Ahead abolished them years ago!

lhurley
13th March 2014, 08:24 PM
I think QLD is taking of getting rid of them as well. Probably take a while but, qld takes a while to get around to things

tassie wombat
13th March 2014, 08:26 PM
Been like that for a couple of years now in Tassie for vehicles under 4.5 t I think?, only problem is there's nothing to remind me now when my rego is due!

TPC
13th March 2014, 08:37 PM
Maybe now that Vic is getting rid of them the Vic cops will stop pulling over SA cars for not having them.

rkinsey
13th March 2014, 09:31 PM
AB I remember when you were issued with an "Interim" note in VIC to place on your windscreen (with sticky tape) while you waited for them to send your sticker in the mail.

Then when you got the sticker, you soaked it in water for 15 minutes just like wallpaper and then you could stick it to your windscreen.

Its all streamlining.

TPC
13th March 2014, 09:36 PM
AB I remember when you were issued with an "Interim" note in VIC to place on your windscreen (with sticky tape) while you waited for them to send your sticker in the mail.

Then when you got the sticker, you soaked it in water for 15 minutes just like wallpaper and then you could stick it to your windscreen.

Its all streamlining.
Then you would have to put wet paper over the old sticker to get it off the windscreen.

rkinsey
13th March 2014, 09:53 PM
Then you would have to put wet paper over the old sticker to get it off the windscreen.

All the young ones on their P's are saying... "What the F are they talking about?"

Rickie3
13th March 2014, 10:02 PM
Havent had stickers for a couple years in Tassi now, but what amuses me when they were in, if your windscreen got smashed and you needed a replacement sticker they would charge you $18 for it, but I didnt see the $18 come off my rego where no sticker was required now

Sir Roofy
13th March 2014, 10:15 PM
No sticker but the rego went up wasnt suppose to do that

DX grunt
13th March 2014, 11:01 PM
Been like that for a couple of years now in Tassie for vehicles under 4.5 t I think?, only problem is there's nothing to remind me now when my rego is due!

I forked out for a paint pen and put the expiry date in the bottom left hand corner of my windscreen to remind myself to save up. lol

I occasionally have to redo the numbers, but at least it serves my memory. lol

the evil twin
13th March 2014, 11:11 PM
I forked out for a paint pen and put the expiry date in the bottom left hand corner of my windscreen to remind myself to save up. lol

I occasionally have to redo the numbers, but at least it serves my memory. lol

No truth in the rumour you had to have your vehicles registered before the 11th of the month is there Cob?

DX grunt
14th March 2014, 01:44 AM
No truth in the rumour you had to have your vehicles registered before the 11th of the month is there Cob?

Lol. Nah, from memory it's around the 30th.

BigRAWesty
14th March 2014, 04:42 AM
We still get sent the paperwork as a friendly reminder to pay. Just no sticker..
So you can't really forget

92GQ
14th March 2014, 05:46 AM
QLD is getting rid of rego stickers as of the 1st of October 2014

AB
14th March 2014, 06:15 AM
Havent had stickers for a couple years in Tassi now, but what amuses me when they were in, if your windscreen got smashed and you needed a replacement sticker they would charge you $18 for it, but I didnt see the $18 come off my rego where no sticker was required now

Nice one!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Winnies-missus
14th March 2014, 07:30 AM
Got my rego yesterday... $604.40... Yay but they don't even give you a month what's up with that...

Winnies-missus
14th March 2014, 07:31 AM
QLD is getting rid of rego stickers as of the 1st of October 2014

Good

date

GU CAMPER
14th March 2014, 07:59 AM
I wish I left my old label on

Would make it easier to remember when rego is due

It is legal to leave it on in nsw now that they don't give you a new one each year

BigRAWesty
14th March 2014, 09:17 AM
Stream lined to 3 and 12 months to.

TPC
14th March 2014, 09:43 AM
Stream lined to 3 and 12 months to.
I pay monthly.

Winnie
14th March 2014, 10:13 AM
I pay monthly.

Seriously? When I was at uni I had the option to pay 6 monthly because I had a student card but now that I am working and paying taxes I have to pay it all at once. Good isn't it!

TPC
14th March 2014, 10:17 AM
Seriously? When I was at uni I had the option to pay 6 monthly because I had a student card but now that I am working and paying taxes I have to pay it all at once. Good isn't it!

SA brought out the option of monthly direct debit last year, much easier.

Hodge
14th March 2014, 11:34 AM
The awesome $700+ rego bill arrived for me too today and no sticker.

TimE
14th March 2014, 12:36 PM
No stickers in the ACT since my last renewal, but they do do the right thing and send reminders about a month ahead. Pity the annual cost of rego is about 4 times what I paid for my first car:(

DX grunt
14th March 2014, 05:53 PM
We still get sent the paperwork as a friendly reminder to pay. Just no sticker..
So you can't really forget

Unless you change address and don't tell anybody !!!

NissanGQ4.2
14th March 2014, 06:35 PM
I wonder how many people are going 2 get done driving a mates car that has ran out of rego, at least with the labels you could quickly see that it had rego before you jumped in some other car that you may need 2 drive, now you would have no idea unless you asked to see the rego papers and just because someone rights a number on the papers doesn't mean its registered.

I wonder how you would go in court trying to get out of it

Winnie
14th March 2014, 06:50 PM
I wonder how many people are going 2 get done driving a mates car that has ran out of rego, at least with the labels you could quickly see that it had rego before you jumped in some other car that you may need 2 drive, now you would have no idea unless you asked to see the rego papers and just because someone rights a number on the papers doesn't mean its registered.

I wonder how you would go in court trying to get out of it

Copied this from the link Andy posted

What happens if I am driving someone else’s car and I don’t know that it is not registered?
Driving an unregistered vehicle is an offence. Whenever you drive a vehicle it is your responsiblity to ensure it is registered. This will remain the case when registration stickers are removed.
You will be able to check any vehicle’s registration by entering the registration plate details online at vre.vicroads.vic.gov.au or by calling VicRoads on 13 1171.

What a pain in the arse if they expect us to check before driving any car. Apparently there is a mobile app you can use to quickly check.

NissanGQ4.2
14th March 2014, 07:16 PM
You will be able to check any vehicle’s registration by entering the registration plate details online at vre.vicroads.vic.gov.au or by calling VicRoads on 13 1171.

Thanks poo bear didn't look at the link,

Anyone know if NSW has anything like that?

Regardless stickers were are still easier

P4trol
15th March 2014, 12:04 AM
The fun with the online rego checkers is finding a car on a local fb buy swap sell page with the rego plate showing. Check when the rego is due, then comment on the page asking of its registered.

With the Android rego app (nt) I can check anyone's rego, then set a reminder to tell when it's due. Didn't sit well with one of my coworkers when I told him his rego was due.

tassie wombat
15th March 2014, 07:45 AM
I pay monthly.
That would make things easier, they offer 6 months and 12 months down here, but if you pay 6 monthly it works out dearer over the 12 months!

BigRAWesty
15th March 2014, 07:48 AM
That would make things easier, they offer 6 months and 12 months down here, but if you pay 6 monthly it works out dearer over the 12 months!

We have 3 and 12 here. Ya save $20 bucks if you pay lump sum