PDA

View Full Version : Front Brakes

Ade
13th March 2014, 06:34 PM
Gday all,

Title sounds too common but been reading and digging about brakes issue too much lately and still cant get my head around.

My brake pedal is a heap too low to my liking (about half way down) and I just cant get the fronts wheels to lock up. Need heap of force to pull up. Its been that way since I bought the Safari. Front rotors are DBA's, rear are OE rotors. I've done everthings and ended up with nothing. I've read somewhere that trying to lock up 35" on dry road is quite impossible with standard brakes so I just live with it.

So do my brother's gq until couple of weeks ago when I replaced his front rotors and pads his brake has been very good since and able to lock up both front wheels with ease even on a dry road.

If I took the lsv spring out and tied the lever in completely the rear wheels lock up no problem even if the pedal is still need to travel that low but not the front wheels. Seems that there is not enough force to the front brakes.

Any tips are much appreciated.

Ade

mudski
13th March 2014, 10:25 PM
I had a similar issue in my Gu. Couldn't lock them up if I tried. I had to change my pads and I put in those Bendix 4x4 pads and it was much better. But on 35's it would be hard to stop on those.

Ade
13th March 2014, 11:08 PM
My brother's gq lock up front wheel 285 mt no problem. Anyone with standard brake could lock up their 35 on black? And what's with the low pedal could it be there are still air in the system? Been bleeding it like with 3 litres of fluid now. My d40 used to have this low pedal issue but all good after I adjusted the drum brakes.