PDA

View Full Version : G'day everyone

Bundyk
12th March 2014, 09:42 PM
G'day everyone,

I have just joined as we are looking to upgrade our Pajero (eventually) and we are looking for a suitable replacement. I hve stopped into my local Nissan dealer and had a bit of a look at a new Patrol, and I was suitably impressed. The seats are mega comfy (well, they seemed that way after 10-15 mins at least) and I have heaps of space. There is plenty of room in the back and I was surprised how much space there is behind the 3rd row of seats. I have read a couple of reviews already, and the one thing all the journos complain about is the gear stick being on the far side of the console. IMO they are too picky, I quite like it that way. The only thing that may let it down is the 3rd row of seats dont fold completely flat. We are into dog showing and all the crap we carry needs to sit flat in the back, so hopefully someone can tell me they flatten down with a bit of weight on them.

Anyway, like I said we will be in the hunt for a new car. I am not too keen on owning a common rail diesel powered vehicle, so we are in the hunt for a petrol powered 4x4, and they are becoming fewer. So far hte vehicles on the list are:

Y62 Patrol,
200 Series 4.6
150 series Prado (its not fairing so good)
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 (Still not sold on a Jeep though)
and, of course, another Pajero (love the current one)

The managing director of domestic affairs quite likes the 200, but hasnt as yet been for a look at a Patrol. I will be hard pressed getting her out of her Pajero though. As much as we would love another Paj, the fact they have now gone diesel only has shyed me away a little.

So, that is me. I look forward to chatting with you in the near future, and hopefully I have some info that will be of use to someone.

growler2058
12th March 2014, 09:58 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MEGOMONSTER
12th March 2014, 10:18 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

MudRunnerTD
12th March 2014, 10:23 PM
Hi mate,

Sounds like your looking at the snazzy Y62. I don't think you can put the new Y62 up against the Pajero. The Y62 is a much bigger car with a mountain of power. Mountains!!

Really out of your list oly the 200 and the Y62 are in the same class. The fact that the Y62 is near $30,000 cheaper is a win right there. Bigger power than the 200, hi end appointments and the win. y62 for sure. Get you Missus in it for a drive.

happygu
12th March 2014, 10:30 PM
Bundy,

Get the Y62, kit it out and hit the tracks.....sounds like a great plan :D

Stropp
13th March 2014, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, you know it y62 for the win ;)

Sherro
13th March 2014, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forum mate enjoy.

threedogs
13th March 2014, 10:42 AM
Hi mate and welcome , forget the Jeep you'll be very disappointed , Prado I would think too small for what you want and not much power after 100 kph loaded
let alone towing, Pajero no new developments in style or engine for a while , that leaves the Y62 and the 200 , the 200 is still IFS and expensive as ever.
Leaving the Y62 buckets of power and I mean buckets , these were made with the oil rich countries in mind.plenty of power ,plenty of room, you can remove rear cargo seats.
Anyway jump in anytime and enjoy

dam2727
13th March 2014, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the forum mate! Im new to patrols but really love and enjoy mine!

AB
13th March 2014, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Bundyk
13th March 2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Hi mate,

Sounds like your looking at the snazzy Y62. I don't think you can put the new Y62 up against the Pajero. The Y62 is a much bigger car with a mountain of power. Mountains!!

Really out of your list oly the 200 and the Y62 are in the same class. The fact that the Y62 is near $30,000 cheaper is a win right there. Bigger power than the 200, hi end appointments and the win. y62 for sure. Get you Missus in it for a drive.

G'day MudRunnerTD,
Agree, its hard to peg the Paj against a Y62 given the size difference, but our current Paj has been a fantastic car, and SWMBO loves driving it. Its a great sized vehicle for her to use day to day, but it does get a bit cramped with all the dog gear in the back. Buying another Paj will include buying a trailer as well me thinks. Plus, the Paj is diesel only now, and I'd prefer to stay away from diesels. (common-rail ones anyway)

Hi mate and welcome , forget the Jeep you'll be very disappointed , Prado I would think too small for what you want and not much power after 100 kph loaded
let alone towing, Pajero no new developments in style or engine for a while , that leaves the Y62 and the 200 , the 200 is still IFS and expensive as ever.
Leaving the Y62 buckets of power and I mean buckets , these were made with the oil rich countries in mind.plenty of power ,plenty of room, you can remove rear cargo seats.
Anyway jump in anytime and enjoy

G'day threedogs,
Yeah, I don't think the Jeep idea will last long. Still something about them i dont quite trust, especially after seeing a brand new Chrysler 300C broken down yesterday (same engines). Agree about the Prado being too small, the rear seat system is just dumb and the drivers position is...well, different. Plenty of power from the V6 though. The Paj is in the list as its familiar, and they do drive really well, plus the drive train has been proven. I hear what you're saying about styling though, most o the parts on the new ones still fit mine.
Any chance you have a pic of the cargo area of the Y62 with the rear seats removed?

To me, the Y62 has it all over the 200 in basically every way. Its just the boss that needs convincing. She is mainly worried about the size of it, lets hope she sees the light.

Thanks again all.

Dhuck
13th March 2014, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Gecko17
14th March 2014, 10:34 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Have to agree with the guys here... Y62 is the way to go. My mate just traded his Paj in for a 2nd hand 200 series with low kms (approx 170km?). Went on holiday and it threw a big end. Found out that the motor had been recon'd, badly.

He was actually looking at something like my 06 GU as the Paj was his wife's and she liked my patrol as well. I really don't think your wife would be disappointed with the Y62.

Best of luck with whetever you decide.