PDA

View Full Version : 2inch lift what to go for

avdwhans
11th March 2014, 04:02 PM
hi i am after a decent 2 in lift for my GU patrol was looking at raw but not sure yet have also looked at the suspension stuff flexy coils and oztec shocks but dont know much about them
anyone now whats best to use ??
wife uses it most the time but weekends it got the camper on as well
cheers

BigRAWesty
11th March 2014, 04:17 PM
Have a look under the suspension sections bud. 100's of threads of what people run..
Also why the second thread??

threedogs
11th March 2014, 04:25 PM
Have a look at 3" flexi looks like 2" flexes like 4".
Check big Fletchs ride thread

happygu
11th March 2014, 05:47 PM
Plenty of good kits available, but some kits are better at different things....

Is it a tourer of a rock crawler?

avdwhans
11th March 2014, 06:17 PM
tourer mainly but want to have fun in it

catchinjack
12th March 2014, 06:54 AM
Dobinsons, they stand by their products and have a quality product.

Drewboyaus
12th March 2014, 07:24 AM
I run an Old Man Emu setup in my GQ. It is more of a touring setup but it works really well for my needs.......High Country touring with some harder tracks thrown in here and there.

Winnie
12th March 2014, 07:27 AM
Have a look at 3" flexi looks like 2" flexes like 4".
Check big Fletchs ride thread

If it looks like a 2" then it's a 2" lift.

happygu
12th March 2014, 08:42 AM
tourer mainly but want to have fun in it

For a tourer setup, you will want something that is good for carrying load but you can still get reasonable flex, too - I would keep away from the flexi's as they will sag more with load ( Disclaimer : I have never used them, and am going on heresay ), but will give give better articulation and wheel travel for the slow stuff.

I would stick with something like the OME Kit or Kings & Koni's, which are rated for carrying a load without sagging too much, and giving you the extra body clearance that you buy a lift kit for.

I have run OME in my first truck, and then Kings & Koni's for quite a few years, and was very happy with their performance over all terrain.
I currently run OME Front Coils, Dobinson Rears, with Koni 88's, and the Dobinson's have been really good - a little bit of sag when I load them up, but not too bad.

With the current setup, I was out on the weekend and went down a track with some fairly sizable rock steps, and the suspension was giving me enough articulation to keep all four wheels on the ground and quite easily drop down the steps. However, the Prado that was with us, was up on three wheels as it dropped down on the corners.

I hope that gives you some ideas

Mic