PDA

View Full Version : Would this be the right spot to install my catch can?

HiluxMichael
10th March 2014, 10:55 PM
Hey guys,

just wanted to know if this ( see pic ) would be the right spot to mount my provent 200.
Please keep in mind that my Patrol is a LHD model, so plenty of space between engine and battery...

Cheers
Mick

mudski
11th March 2014, 09:54 PM
What motor is that mic? The catch can goes "inline" in the hose that goes from the top of the motor and back to the air intake. Where to actually mount the can is up to you. I made a bracket for mine and its mounted where the ABS module would normally be for ABS model Patrols. So its mounted near the lhs bonnet hinge on my car.

HiluxMichael
11th March 2014, 11:18 PM
Hi mudski!
Sorry, it's a 2.8td.
As mine is a LHD (i am from Austria), i've got more space on the other side of the engine, as brake booster, ABS block and all this things are mounted at the "exhaust side".
Just wanted to know if it's ok to connect the catch can directly to this hose on top of the engine and mount it somewhere close by (fuel filter).

Cheers
Mick

GU_Mudstar
15th March 2014, 12:45 PM
sorry to hijack the thread, but are the catch cans most use and setup vent to the atmo with baffles and drain back into the sump?

cheers

mudski
18th March 2014, 06:42 PM
sorry to hijack the thread, but are the catch cans most use and setup vent to the atmo with baffles and drain back into the sump?

cheers

No. That is illegal here in Oz I believe. It needs to be routed back into the air intake.
As for the OP. You could put it on the other side of the engine I suppose if that is the only place you can. Well, if you have no choice then...The only issue I can see is the longer hoses may be an issue, but shouldn't really...

HiluxMichael
19th March 2014, 05:02 AM
But wouldn't the postion (red arrow on pic in first post) be the best to connect the can?
The hose on the 2.8 goes to the right, then behind the block to the exhaust-side, doesn't it...?

Regards
Mick

mudski
19th March 2014, 10:18 AM
There should be a hose running from the top of the motor and back into the air intake somewhere. Hard to tell on your pic. The catch can goes inline of this hose.

HiluxMichael
19th March 2014, 07:56 PM
There should be a hose running from the top of the motor and back into the air intake somewhere.

Many thanks mudski, i guess we're talking about the same :thumbup:

Will post pics once done...