PDA

View Full Version : My GQ RB30 towing

patrol7
10th March 2014, 12:19 AM
The rig loves loading up and take the girl out for a lovely horse ride.
RB30 still carby at this stage an 3" lift. Turbo an 5"coils and 6" shocks we will see how different she tows then. Does the job now a little slow up hills but doesn't bother me.

macca86
10th March 2014, 05:55 AM
Nice one looks great

threedogs
10th March 2014, 09:03 AM
has a very nice stance to it, maybe airbags in the back in the future

patrol7
10th March 2014, 03:46 PM
Cheers. Will look into the bag would be good controllable from drive seat too. Level it out with different loads

mudnut
10th March 2014, 05:03 PM
I have only had issues with the second stage of the carby sticking when I first bought my patrol. Other than that, the RB30 has performed like clockwork. Although not a great performer, they are really reliable. I killed my RB30's manual gearbox by towing a camper trailer up, some steep tracks, so will take it a lot easier when towing in the future. If you have an auto, it is worth running an extra oil cooler as heat is the main killer when towing.

patrol7
16th March 2014, 03:46 PM
Cheers mudnut. Yes i have put her in a few big mud holes well underwater an given her hell and its still running like a dream. I'm a manual driver through an through :)
just about to start a turbo efi conversion for some fun.

mudnut
16th March 2014, 03:58 PM
Alitis007 is the man to talk to about the RB30.

I am happy to keep the Old Trol simple and run carby at the moment. I personally would upgrade the guts of the gearbox or run a better unit to handle the extra torque from the EFI conversion, especially if a turbo is on the cards. But that' s only my humble opinion. Others that have done the conversion will be able to give sound advice about that. It will be interesting to see how much better your Patrol goes when you're finished.