PDA

View Full Version : zd30 common rail severe lose of power very hard to start

pootrol07
9th March 2014, 07:54 PM
Hi guys, i have a 2007 stl patrol zd30 only done 113,000kms.
Problem i have i noticed it was getting hard to start, now just wines over and over and only just runs.
I noticed the green light on my dp chip had gone out so i disconnected it and still the same problem, almost like no rail pressure? Also now have an engine light.
When driving the car i cant get it over 30km's.
Has anybody experienced this problem before?

macca86
9th March 2014, 11:27 PM
Hi welcome.we as you do an intro first before asking questions.
Sounds like limp mode. Disconnect batteries for an hr then try again without chip then try again with chip see how you go

my third 256
10th March 2014, 07:03 AM
clean the maf sensor

threedogs
10th March 2014, 09:15 AM
As suggested pop over to the intro first just a courtesy thing before asking for help.
It's what the forum asks from all of us, you'll get more replies too

pootrol07
10th March 2014, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys I introduced myself, I was just in a hurry and stuck yesterday.
Anyway I have put a scan gauge on and come up with a fault code po190,fuel pressure send/circuit
I have no power to my dp chip, no green light
Also undone the main fuel line going into the rail and had no pressure or fuel coming out
Left the line off while cranking and only got a dribble..
The only way I can get it started is to manually prime the pump with the squeeze thing.
Thinking maybe a buggered injected pump??
Anybody have anything similar???

nipagu7
10th March 2014, 08:04 PM
possible blocked fuel filter ?
I am not sure but I think there might be a fine gauze filter where the fuel line goes into the injector pump , this may need cleaning .

happygu
10th March 2014, 08:15 PM
Pootrol,

I would be looking at the fuel filter, as it is due for replacement at the 120,000 k service, and it may be blocked

Mic

pootrol07
10th March 2014, 09:30 PM
Cheers for the feedback guys, i replace the fuel filtre every 10,000kms and i already checked that, i didnt know there was a filter before the pump ill have a look first thing in the morning.doing my bloody head in.
Also cleaned the afm

threedogs
12th March 2014, 01:02 PM
where you up to and what area are you from?

happygu
12th March 2014, 06:22 PM
Cheers for the feedback guys, i replace the fuel filtre every 10,000kms and i already checked that, i didnt know there was a filter before the pump ill have a look first thing in the morning.doing my bloody head in.
Also cleaned the afm

I dont think there is another filter in front of the pump on the Common Rail ... the gauze filter is on some of the 4.2 D Pumps

Mic

happygu
12th March 2014, 06:26 PM
Have you checked the fuel lines for any moist spots, which would indicate a split or air leak?

Have you checked the fuel filter is sealing properly?

It sounds like you may have air in the fuel line, although then it might not run at all .... very perplexing

Mic

pootrol07
13th March 2014, 10:13 PM
I have checked the relief valve and that is passing, trying too check current from prrssure sensor to ecu, i dont have a complete circuit there cozmy dp chip isnt lighting up, i have plenty of fuel comming back threw the return line so the pump is ruled out, doing my head in, will be for sale as soon as its running

patrolman123
16th March 2014, 08:50 AM
if u havent fixed it yet try dissconecting fuel pressure reg and try start it and see how that goes. dont drive it though. doing this will give rail full fuel and eliminate any pressure probs with rail or injectors. will sound very noisy but dont stress its normal when u do this

pootrol07
19th March 2014, 08:38 PM
Just replaced the whole rail....and still not winning. Sending the ecu off for testing as I have current going up the negative wire to the fps. Very costly exercise! Not a happy patrol owner

patrolman123
22nd March 2014, 07:01 AM
Have u checked for shorts? ? Where did u test that current from in the loom? Try checking it at ecu. If your any good with wiring try removing pin from ecu connector and test straight outta the ecu.

patrolman123
22nd March 2014, 07:05 AM
Also try disconnecting the dp chip and put it back to factory to eliminate a problem with the chip

happygu
22nd March 2014, 09:17 AM
I have checked the relief valve and that is passing, trying too check current from prrssure sensor to ecu, i dont have a complete circuit there cozmy dp chip isnt lighting up, i have plenty of fuel comming back threw the return line so the pump is ruled out, doing my head in, will be for sale as soon as its running

I would be looking for the problem where the DP Chip doesn't have power, or doesn't have the LED on .....

pootrol07
2nd April 2014, 01:36 PM
Sent the ecu off to get checked, ended up being fried.
Got a new ecu and programed the key ect, not have fault code p1625 which means i have to recalibrate the injectors to the ecu. Will be doing this tonite

threedogs
2nd April 2014, 01:44 PM
that's sounds good, did they say how it got "fried"
So you're keeping it now ???

pootrol07
2nd April 2014, 09:41 PM
They suspect the dp chip sent power down the earth wire which took out the earth on the ecu on the pressure sense side of things but they said they couldn't be 100% sure. Sent it to injectronics in Melbourne.
I couldn't get the injecterz calibrated as they scan tool i was using isnt up to date so i have to now take it to nissan.
Gonna keep it now as it owes me $4500 in the last 6 weeks

pootrol07
2nd April 2014, 10:03 PM
Also rang dp and they said its impossible for that to happen, now i replaced the ecu i plugged the dp chip back in and i have a green light and hasnt fried my new ecu. But im taking it off and gonna get a proper dyno tune. So if anybody wants a dp chip for common rail zd30 its up for grabs. $550

batesy
3rd April 2014, 12:13 AM
Hi you said you replaced your fuel filter every 10k thats an expensive exercise, you'll get at least 40-50k out of genuine filters.